Montecatini is a leading treatment center for women age 16 and older who have been struggling with eating disorders and certain co-occurring mental health concerns. Our goal is to help our clients return to a life of wellness with more control of their thoughts and behaviors.
Call Montecatini for Help 855-413-1587
Our programs incorporate dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing, and the 12-Step recovery model. We believe in taking a collaborative approach to treatment, making sure that we are reconnecting each client with their innate strengths and talents throughout their healing process.
Campus & Location
Montecatini is located in the northern coastal area of San Diego in Carlsbad, California. Our center is a comfortable, nonhospital environment that features beautiful bedrooms for our residents and common spaces to relax and share support with other women who are receiving care here.
Our residential facility includes an exercise room with space for yoga and meditation. The facility grounds are enriched by greenery, ponds, and spaces that are ideal for quiet moments of personal reflection.
Concerns We Treat
Montecatini provides treatment for a range of eating disorders, including anorexia, bulimia, binge-eating disorder, and body dysmorphic disorder. We also care for women who are struggling with co-occurring mental health disorders such as anxiety, bipolar disorder, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), trauma, and substance use disorders.
During the admissions process, each client participates in an evaluation to identify the full scope of their needs. Our care team then creates a customized treatment plan.
Levels of Care
At Montecatini , we provide several levels of care to ensure that we can meet every client’s needs. Our programs include:
- Residential treatment – Residential treatment may be the ideal level of care for women who can benefit from 24/7 supervision and full days of structured clinical services. In residential treatment, we offer individual, group, and family therapy sessions. Clients can also participate in a range of experiential therapies, such as shopping trips for clothing, restaurant outings, grocery shopping, and group dining. The typical length of stay at this level of care is 30-60 days. However, length of stay for each person will vary depending on their needs and progress.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP) – Our PHP can offer step-down support after a woman has completed residential treatment. Women may also step up to our PHP if they need a higher level of care than can be provided via intensive outpatient programming or traditional outpatient services. In our PHP, group therapy is a fundamental part of the healing process, with individual and family therapy sessions offered as needed. The typical length of stay in our PHP is 30-90 days.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP) – Our intensive outpatient program offers the greatest flexibility for participants, with partial days of service provided several times per week in an office near our residential facility. Our IOP allows for greater opportunities for independent living while still providing essential group, individual, and family therapy sessions. The typical length of stay in this level is 30-90 days.
- Support Groups – Groups are an essential part of all levels of care and cover a range of topics, including relapse prevention, body image, nutrition, spirituality, meal planning, and exposure therapy. Clients can expect to participate in several different groups depending on their specific concerns and treatment goals.
The Wellness Center
At Montecatini, we understand how eating disorders can create a disconnect between the mind and body. In our wellness center, we work with clients to rebuild a positive relationship with their body through movement therapy.
Clients can work one-on-one with our exercise physiologist to review what movement and exercises are best based on their concerns and goals.
Our movement in moderation group encourages movement that is balanced in physical activity and body connection. Group movement provides a safe and supportive environment for clients to rediscover a healthy mind-body connection.
Women who take part in treatment at Montecatini may engage in a variety of movement activities, including:
- Aerial yoga swings
- Cardio machines
- Volleyball and soccer
- Ribbon dancing
- Resistance bands and free weights
At Montecatini, we see continuing care as vital to each client’s healing process. Before a woman is discharged from one of our eating disorder treatment programs, her care team will work with her to create a detailed aftercare plan.
Depending on each client’s needs, her aftercare plan may include a referral to a different level of care, information about traditional outpatient therapy, and other recovery resources to help her achieve improved health.
Call Montecatini for Help 855-413-1587
Montecatini is staffed by a team of highly trained experts, including therapists, physician assistants, registered dietitians, yoga instructors, exercise therapists, and art therapists. Each team member is dedicated to helping our clients manage their symptoms and establish a solid foundation for successful recovery from eating disorders. Our team treats each client as a unique and valuable person who should never be defined by the disorder she is struggling with.
If you or a loved one can benefit from eating disorder treatment in the San Diego area, contact Montecatini and a member of our admissions team can answer any questions you may have.
Montecatini Treatment Level:
Residential, PHP, IOP
Patient Types Served:
Adults / Adolescents (16+)
CBT, DBT, motivational interviewing, acceptance and commitment therapy, 12-Step recovery model
Aetna, Beacon Health Options, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, ComPsych, Humana, Magellan Health, MultiPlan, Optum, Sharp Health Plan, and more