Career Center: Eating Disorder Jobs
Interested in posting a career opportunity here? Contact Us
Center for Change
Position: Business Development Representative – Pacific NW (FT)
Do you have skills and experience in connecting professionals to treatment options for their clients? Do you have a passion for eating disorder awareness and helping those who may be suffering? Do you want to work with a collaborative team that supports each other and believes that work can also bring you joy? If so, we want to hear from you! Center for Change is seeking an experienced full-time Business Development Representative to increase awareness of the Center’s specialized treatment programs to professionals in the Pacific Northwest, including some specific focus in Boise, Idaho and the greater surrounding area.
Key objectives will be to inform, educate, and communicate our programs and services to those who treat eating disorders, substance abuse, and other related mental health and medical conditions.
Center for Change is a 58-bed inpatient and residential facility which provides specialized treatment for eating disorders and related conditions. The Center is located at the foot of the beautiful Wasatch Mountains in Orem, Utah. Center for Change also has outpatient programs in Salt Lake City and will be opening in Boise, Idaho Fall 2017.
This position is based out of a home office anywhere in the Pacific Northwest (As we do presently have a Business Development Rep in the State of Utah, we are not considering applicants based in Utah).
Learn More: here!
Rosewood Center for Eating Disorders
Position: Christian Therapist (Wickenburg, AZ)
Rosewood Center for Eating Disorders is seeking a Christian Therapist to join our team. Recognized as a leader in eating disorder treatment, Rosewood Centers for Eating Disorders continually seeks out quality staff members looking for careers in our field.
We recruit and retain skilled and educated professionals who are passionate about working with patients struggling with an eating disorder. Rosewood rewards employees with an exciting and professional work environment, opportunities for growth and a terrific benefits package. We encourage and support professional development through high-quality education and training programs. Best of all, the work is extremely rewarding.
Qualifications: A Master’s degree, from an accredited College/University, in the field of counseling, social work, behavioral science, psychology, or in a related human services field is required. Past experience in a Christian based treatment center desired.
Contact: For more information, contact Nikkole Cisar (Human Resources) at 928-668-1272 or [email protected]
Rosewood Santa Monica
Position: Manager of Dietary Services
The Manager of Dietary Services at Rosewood Santa Monica works extensively with clients to ensure they are reducing acute and chronic medical risk through best nutrition practices. This position provides daily supervision to all dietary staff for this facility (including other Registered Dietitians, Diet Technicians, and any dietary interns); this includes schedules, day-to-day decisions surrounding kitchen operations and client meal plans, and then reports to the Program Director. This position ensures efficient kitchen operations and compliance with appropriate standards and guidelines.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees all aspects of dietary department operations
- Provide weekly individual nutritional counseling for clients and family (as needed).
- Provide nutrition education as appropriate for staff.
- Coordinate therapeutic/medical dietary orders with other professionals.
- Provides updates on the nutritional status of each client weekly and as requested.
- Completes all required documentation and reports in a timely manner, maintaining compliance with the policies and procedures of the facility.
- Cooperates and communicates with other departments in order to provide the best client care.
- Demonstrates accountability for the proper use of clients’ protected health information.
- Minimum of a Baccalaureate degree in dietetics or nutrition related field.
- Registered to practice by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Two (2) years experience in an institutional or healthcare environment.
- Knowledge and experience in the field of eating disorders treatment.
- Knowledge of basic counseling skills, addictions, and the 12 Step Model.
For more information, contact Breanna Colvin, MA, Human Resources Generalist, at [email protected]
Reasons Eating Disorder Center
Position: Clinical Outreach Coordinator (Northern California)
Description: Reasons EDC is hiring a full-time Clinical Outreach Coordinator for Northern California, based in the greater San Francisco Bay Area. This position is part of the Reasons Eating Disorder Center Business Development Team and will be responsible for outreach and marketing for the Reasons Programs.
Must be able to work flexible schedule with some weekends. Must be willing to travel to conferences and various marketing events.
Key objectives will be to inform, educate, and communicate our programs and services to those who treat eating disorders, substance abuse, and other related mental health conditions.
- Developing and maintaining referral relationships.
- Planning and hosting community outreach events.
- Knowledge of available community referrals/resources.
- Generating potential admissions and acting as liaison to contacts.
- Identify and recommend community awareness and marketing opportunities.
- Teamwork with admissions & clinical team.
- Track and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing activities and continually look for ways to improve the effectiveness of marketing and outreach activities.
- Submit timely reports and data entry on a regular basis
- BA in Psychology, Marketing or related field.
- Masters Degree in Counseling, MFT, or Social Work Preferred.
- Must have 2+ experience in health care business development/marketing environment with measurable business development results, and knowledge of psychiatric, eating disorders and chemical dependency treatment principles, preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Contact: Alyson Lischer, Director of Admissions & Business Development, at [email protected] or 626.592.6903.
Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center
Position: Eating Disorders Therapist (Full-Time)
Kaiser San Jose Medical Center’s Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Department is seeking a full time 40-hour licensed therapist position (PhD, PsyD, LCSW, or MFT) to serve as an experienced Eating Disorders Intensivist.
This position would provide intensive therapy solely for patients and families struggling with pediatric eating disorders, provide groups for eating disorders/body image issues, and help co-lead an interdisciplinary eating disorder team including nutritionists, therapists with special interests in eating disorders, nurses, child psychiatrists, and pediatricians. This team collaborates with over 30 therapists, psychiatrists, and trainees in the child and adolescent psychiatry department, and there is significant support and resources.
This position will serve as a bridge between the department’s standard outpatient treatment and Kaiser’s regional Eating Disorder Intensive Outpatient Program (EDIOP). This is an opportunity for someone with specialized interests in eating disorders to work in the diverse and rich area of Silicon Valley.
If you are interested, please email [email protected] with a cover letter, CV, and for further instructions for applying.
Position: Registered Dietitian / Eating Disorders Pediatric Nutritionist (Part-Time)
Kaiser San Jose Medical Center’s Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Department is seeking a part time 20-hour licensed registered dietician position (RD) to serve as an experienced Eating Disorders pediatric nutritionist.
This position would provide meal plans and closely monitor and work closely with the department on patients and families struggling with pediatric eating disorders, providing education, and assisting in groups for eating disorders/body image issues with possible meals, and help co-lead an interdisciplinary eating disorder team including nutritionists, therapists with special interests in eating disorders, nurses, child psychiatrists, and pediatricians. This team collaborates with over 30 therapists, psychiatrists, and trainees in the child and adolescent psychiatry department, and there is significant support and resources.
This position will serve as a bridge between the department’s standard outpatient treatment and Kaiser’s regional Eating Disorder Intensive Outpatient Program (EDIOP). They will also work closely with other fellow Kaiser eating disorder nutritionists in the region. This is an opportunity for someone with specialized interests in eating disorders to work in the diverse and rich area of Silicon Valley.
If you are interested, please email [email protected] with a cover letter, CV, and for further instructions for applying.
Project HEAL is the largest non-profit in the US delivering prevention, treatment financing, and recovery support for people struggling from eating disorders. The cofounders met after recovering from anorexia at 15, and they’ve had incredible growth and momentum – 40 chapters worldwide, 30k followers on FB and Instagram, engaging sponsors like Arianna Huffington, UBER, and The 49ers, and significant press like People and Forbes 30 under 30.
Position: Program Manager (Full-Time)
The Program Manager will be responsible for designing, implementing and scaling Project HEAL’s new Communities of HEALing Program. He/she will ensure excellent program delivery, development of new stakeholders and team members, and quality control and evaluation. In this newly established role, the Program Manager will manage a robust volunteer network, and develop an expansion plan to new markets. The Program Manager will be a key external face of Project HEAL in the community.
Send cover letter, resume, and salary history or minimum salary requirements to [email protected]. You must include “Program Manager” as the subject line of the email. No phone calls or faxes, please.
Position: Development Director (Full-Time)
The Development Director will work closely with the Executive Director, Chief Operating Officer, and Board President to support all aspects of Project HEAL’s development activities, with emphasis on corporate partnerships, foundation support, major gifts, events and development-related logistical and administrative support. The candidate must be able to contribute to the creative growth of Project HEAL; drive and help manage key development projects and processes; and develop a deep understanding of Project HEAL’s programs and impact. The candidate must have a flexible schedule, and be prepared to join phone and in person meetings earlier and later than regular business hours, including some weekends.
Send cover letter, resume, and salary history or minimum salary requirements to [email protected]. You must include “Development Director” as the subject line of the email. No phone calls or faxes, please.
Position: Eating Disorder Specialist
Coordinates eating disorder psycho-educational content in the therapeutic milieu in collaboration with the inter-disciplinary treatment team. Consistently demonstrates Timberline Knolls’ values of uncompromising care, relentless compassion, and unconditional joyful spirit.
- Conducts group therapy in eating disorders, self-image, family systems, relationships.
- Provides individual counseling as needed to meet the resident’s treatment goals.
- Maintains timely, accurate and thorough clinical records and documentation.
- Provides ED assessments if needed.
- Provides and monitors eating disorder support plans to assist in residents progress and safety.
- Establishes therapeutic relationships with residents that support the treatment plan.
- Provides education to resident’s support system through Family and Friends Meal Support Training.
- Provides training and role models to staff meal support expectation and support.
- Provides meal support to the residents during the meal and snack times including exposure therapy sessions.
- Collaborates with treatment team (dietitians, primary therapists and others) to help residents in interventions regarding ED denial, etc.).
- Builds relationships with OA and other 12 step community.
- Completes all required documentation according to policies and procedures.
- Facilitates active resident and family participation in the treatment process.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Human Services with licensure required
- CEDS preferred and/or eating disorder experience preferred
- Experience providing mental health and/or substance abuse treatment services
- Demonstrated skill in Eating Disorders, 12-Step and Family Systems Recovery Models with Adolescent and Young Adult Women clients.
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; behavioral therapy methods; the assessment and treatment of behavioral disorders; and familiarity with the principles of 12-step recovery