Crisis Line & Help Line
Are you in crisis? Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255) (24 HOUR CRISIS LINE)
TEXT the Crisis Text Line (text HELLO to 741741)
Both services are free and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The deaf and hard of hearing can contact the Lifeline via TTY at 800-799-4889. All calls are confidential.
Are you feeling desperate, alone or hopeless? Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255), a free, 24-hour hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. Your call will be routed to the nearest crisis center to you. Call for yourself or someone you care about. Free and confidential. A network of more than 140 crisis centers nationwide. Available 24/7. Seek help as soon as possible by contacting a mental health professional or by calling the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255) if you or someone you know exhibits any of the following signs:
- Threatening to hurt or kill oneself or talking about wanting to hurt or kill oneself
- Looking for ways to kill oneself by seeking access to firearms, available pills, or other means
- Talking or writing about death, dying, or suicide when these actions are out of the ordinary for the person
- Feeling hopeless
- Feeling rage or uncontrolled anger or seeking revenge
- Acting reckless or engaging in risky activities – seemingly without thinking
- Feeling trapped – like there’s no way out
- Increasing alcohol or drug use
- Withdrawing from friends, family, and society
- Feeling anxious, agitated, or unable to sleep or sleeping all the time
- Experiencing dramatic mood changes
- Seeing no reason for living or having no sense of purpose in life
Reach the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (Lifeline) at 1-800-273-TALK (8255), or text the Crisis Text Line (text HELLO to 741741). Both services are free and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The deaf and hard of hearing can contact the Lifeline via TTY at 1-800-799-4889. All calls are confidential.
National Eating Disorders Association
Live Helpline ~ Telephone Number: 800-931-2237 Hours (PST): Monday through Friday: 8:30am-4:30pm
For crisis situations, text “NEDA” to 741741 to be connected with a trained volunteer at Crisis Text Line.
You can always leave a message for the Helpline if it is not currently available, and we will return your call or message promptly.
Treatment Centers Available to Help You
Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center provides eating disorder treatment for women on 43 beautiful acres just outside of Chicago. We offer a nurturing environment of recovery for women ages 12 and older struggling to overcome eating disorders, with or without other co-occurring disorders such as substance abuse/drug addiction, mood disorders or anxiety disorders. Toll Free:888-206-1175 Hours: 9am-6pm CST
Learn More about Timberline Knolls *If you need help immediately please call the above referenced 24 hr. crisis hotline, your local emergency room, or #911.
McCallum Place Eating Disorder Centers are nationally acclaimed, comprehensive eating disorder treatment centers for adolescents, adults, males and females. We are unique in that we offer onsite medical and psychiatric management and care combined with intensive individualized psychotherapy, making our center of excellence a great alternative to traditional hospital settings. Call us today 888-484-9414.
Learn More about McCallum Place Kansas City *If you need help immediately please call the above referenced 24 hr. crisis hotline, your local emergency room, or #911.