- Calls to this hotline are currently being directed to Within Health or Timberline Knolls
- Representatives are standing by 24/7 to help answer your questions
- All calls are confidential and HIPAA compliant
- There is no obligation or cost to call
- Eating Disorder Hope does not receive any commissions or fees dependent upon which provider you select
- Additional treatment providers are located on our directory or samhsa.gov
Eating Disorder Hope has put together a list of Texas eating disorder therapists into a single directory.
Specialists who treat bulimia, anorexia, binge eating, orthorexia, or other forms of disordered eating in their practice include:
- Eating disorder therapists (also known as eating disorder counselors, or eating disorder psychologists) : Provide regular therapy sessions and may practice more specific forms of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), family-based therapy, or other proven treatments for eating disorders. An eating disorder therapist may also treat co-occurring disorders in their practice.
- Registered dietitians : Create and maintain a balanced meal plan, and take part in Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Eating disorder psychiatrists : Prescribe medications and manage drug therapy
- Physicians who specialize in treating eating disorders : Oversee core medical complications that arise from eating disorders (such as heart palpitations, muscle atrophy, chronic migraines, etc.)
Men and women with eating disorders typically create a dedicated treatment team made of an eating disorder counselor, a dietitian, psychiatrist, and physician. This level of comprehensive treatment has been proven to be the most successful method of fighting and recovering from an eating disorder.
Our specialist directory of eating disorder counselors is organized to quickly tell you:
- Name, Location & Contact Information
- Treatment Setting : Whether the therapist or counselor conducts individual, couples, family, or group therapy sessions
- Types of Patients Served : Adolescents and / or Adults, Men and / or Women
- Therapies available : The core eating disorder therapies the practitioner uses; CBT, Medical Nutrition Therapy, DBT, etc.
Eating Disorder Therapists & Specialists in TX[table “97” not found /]
Premier Texas Eating Disorder Therapists
Dana Turnbull, Ph.D., CEDS
Licensed Psychologist, Authority to Practice Interjurisdictional Telepsychology, National Register of Health Service Psychologists
I am a licensed psychologist in private practice on the National Register for Health Service Psychologists, treating the full eating disorder spectrum primarily via individual cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy. I also offer family & couples counseling. While many disorders are symptomatically similar, individuals require unique approaches.
I enjoy developing individualized treatment plans with my clients, who then take learned skills into the real world for practice. Clients and I then utilize any feedback to minimize undesired & maximize desired outcomes.
Most of us earn our self-esteem through behavior. Practiced behavior optimizes results, so I often assign homework. I work with some clients on a long-term basis, though most of my work is short-term and solution-focused. I also have specialized training in psychopharmacology & behavioral medicine.
*Exclusively Virtual* Certified Eating Disorder Specialist, Licensed Psychologist in Texas and Washington State, National Register of Health Service Psychologists, Certificate of Professional Qualification in Psychology.
Authority to Practice Interjurisdictional Telepsychology in the following states:
AL, AZ, AR, CO, CT, DE, GA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, ME, MD, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NC, OH, OK, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY, District of Columbia, and Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
Chelsea Fielder-Jenks, MA, LPC
Sometimes our lives get to a point where we feel like we are just surviving, rather than thriving. In survival mode, we do what we can to cope with overwhelming emotions and stressors – this may mean engaging in disordered eating behaviors, self-harm behaviors, substance use, self-criticizing inner talk, or self-destruction.
I’m here to help guide you out of survival mode and create a life in which you are thriving. In therapy, we will explore how you’re surviving and how you can begin to thrive. I will work with you to identify the changes you want for yourself and offer skill suggestions to help you create these changes.
In our work together, we will balance this focus on change with lots of self-acceptance and self-compassion. I also work closely with other providers and treatment team members to provide holistic care.
Jennifer Pereira, LPC, RD, LD
I have been working with clients with eating disorders since 2005. I use the Health at Every Size and Intuitive Eating (as an end goal) models. Body acceptance and/or neutrality is a focus of this work.
Body-centered eating is the ultimate priority in normalizing the relationship with food. I work with all types of eating issues and the underlying problems, such as anxiety, depression, OCD, and trauma.
My practice offers outpatient services to all genders, adolescents, and adults. I am able to provide services in office as well as online or by phone.