Eating Disorder Hope has put together a list of Texas eating disorder therapists into a single directory.
Specialists who treat bulimia, anorexia, binge eating, orthorexia, or other forms of disordered eating in their practice include:
- Eating disorder therapists (also known as eating disorder counselors, or eating disorder psychologists) : Provide regular therapy sessions and may practice more specific forms of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), family-based therapy, or other proven treatments for eating disorders. An eating disorder therapist may also treat co-occurring disorders in their practice.
- Registered dietitians : Create and maintain a balanced meal plan, and take part in Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Eating disorder psychiatrists : Prescribe medications and manage drug therapy
- Physicians who specialize in treating eating disorders : Oversee core medical complications that arise from eating disorders (such as heart palpitations, muscle atrophy, chronic migraines, etc.)
Men and women with eating disorders typically create a dedicated treatment team made of an eating disorder counselor, a dietitian, psychiatrist, and physician. This level of comprehensive treatment has been proven to be the most successful method of fighting and recovering from an eating disorder.
Our specialist directory of eating disorder counselors is organized to quickly tell you:
- Name, Location & Contact Information
- Treatment Setting : Whether the therapist or counselor conducts individual, couples, family, or group therapy sessions
- Types of Patients Served : Adolescents and / or Adults, Men and / or Women
- Therapies available : The core eating disorder therapies the practitioner uses; CBT, Medical Nutrition Therapy, DBT, etc.
Eating Disorder Therapists & Specialists in TX
|Name / Info||Treatment Setting||Patient Types Served||Therapies Available|
|Dana Turnbull, Ph.D.|
1912 Central Dr., Ste A
Bedford, TX 76021
Website: Dana Turnbull, Ph.D.
|Family, Couple, Individual||Adults / Adolescents|
Males / Females
|Member of Hope Club for Eating Disorder Professionals|
Premier Texas Eating Disorder Therapists
Dana Turnbull, Ph.D.
I am a licensed psychologist in private practice on the National Register for Health Service Psychologists, treating the full eating disorder spectrum primarily via individual cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy. I also offer family & couples counseling. While many disorders are symptomatically similar, individuals require unique approaches.
I enjoy developing individualized treatment plans with my clients, who then take learned skills into the real world for practice. Clients and I then utilize any feedback to minimize undesired & maximize desired outcomes.
Most of us earn our self-esteem through behavior. Practiced behavior optimizes results, so I often assign homework. I work with some clients on a long-term basis, though most of my work is short-term and solution-focused. I also have specialized training in psychopharmacology & behavioral medicine.