New York Eating Disorder Therapists, Counselors & Specialists
Eating Disorder Hope has put together a list of New York eating disorder therapists into a single directory.
Specialists who treat bulimia, anorexia, binge eating, orthorexia, or other forms of disordered eating in their practice include:
- Eating disorder therapists (also known as eating disorder counselors, or eating disorder psychologists) : Provide regular therapy sessions and may practice more specific forms of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), family-based therapy, or other proven treatments for eating disorders. An eating disorder therapist may also treat co-occurring disorders in their practice.
- Registered dietitians : Create and maintain a balanced meal plan, and take part in Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Eating disorder psychiatrists : Prescribe medications and manage drug therapy
- Physicians who specialize in treating eating disorders : Oversee core medical complications that arise from eating disorders (such as heart palpitations, muscle atrophy, chronic migraines, etc.)
Men and women with eating disorders typically create a dedicated treatment team made of an eating disorder counselor, a dietitian, psychiatrist, and physician. This level of comprehensive treatment has been proven to be the most successful method of fighting and recovering from an eating disorder.
Our specialist directory of eating disorder counselors is organized to quickly tell you:
- Name, Location & Contact Information
- Treatment Setting : Whether the therapist or counselor conducts individual, couples, family, or group therapy sessions
- Types of Patients Served : Adolescents and / or Adults, Men and / or Women
- Therapies available : The core eating disorder therapies the practitioner uses; CBT, Medical Nutrition Therapy, DBT, etc.
Eating Disorder Therapists & Specialists in NY
|Name / Info||Treatment Setting||Patient Types Served||Therapies Available|
|Fran Weiss, LCSW-R, BCD,DCSW,CGP|
121 West 82nd Street
Suite 2B, New York, NY 10024
Email: [email protected]
Website: Fran Weiss
|General Private Practice; Group and Individual Psychotherapy||Adults|
Males & Females
Premier Eating Disorder Therapists
Fran Weiss, LCSW-R, BCD,DCSW,CGP
Associate Clinical Professor, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Senior Psychotherapy Consultant to the New York Obesity Nutrition Research Center at New York-Presbyterian Hospital in affiliation with Columbia University, College of Physicians & Surgeons and Weill Cornell Medical College in Manhattan
General Private Practice; Group and Individual Psychotherapy. Specializing in the emotional components of eating dysregulation, eating disorders, weight regulation, obesity, diabetes, and body image issues.