New Jersey Eating Disorder Therapists, Counselors & Specialists
Eating Disorder Hope has put together a list of New Jersey eating disorder therapists into a single directory.
Specialists who treat bulimia, anorexia, binge eating, orthorexia, or other forms of disordered eating in their practice include:
- Eating disorder therapists (also known as eating disorder counselors, or eating disorder psychologists) : Provide regular therapy sessions and may practice more specific forms of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), family-based therapy, or other proven treatments for eating disorders. An eating disorder therapist may also treat co-occurring disorders in their practice.
- Registered dietitians : Create and maintain a balanced meal plan, and take part in Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Eating disorder psychiatrists : Prescribe medications and manage drug therapy
- Physicians who specialize in treating eating disorders : Oversee core medical complications that arise from eating disorders (such as heart palpitations, muscle atrophy, chronic migraines, etc.)
Men and women with eating disorders typically create a dedicated treatment team made of an eating disorder counselor, a dietitian, psychiatrist, and physician. This level of comprehensive treatment has been proven to be the most successful method of fighting and recovering from an eating disorder.
Our specialist directory of eating disorder counselors is organized to quickly tell you:
- Name, Location & Contact Information
- Treatment Setting : Whether the therapist or counselor conducts individual, couples, family, or group therapy sessions
- Types of Patients Served : Adolescents and / or Adults, Men and / or Women
- Therapies available : The core eating disorder therapies the practitioner uses; CBT, Medical Nutrition Therapy, DBT, etc.
Eating Disorder Therapists & Specialists in NJ
|Name / Info||Treatment Setting||Patient Types Served||Therapies Available|
|Kathy Most, LCSW|
209 Ross Place
Westfield, NJ 07090
Email: [email protected]
Website: Kathy Most, LCSW
|Individual Private Practice, Family Therapy, Couples Therapy||Adults / Adolescents / Children|
Males & Females
|Psychotherapy, Psychodynamic, CBT, Mindfulness, Yoga/Meditation|
|Sheri Tully, MSW, LCSW|
Sharing Temple Counseling LLC
10 Prince St.
Bordentown, NJ 08505
Email: [email protected]
Website: Sheri Tully, MSw,LCSW
|Individual Private Practice, Family Therapy||Adults / Adolescents / Children|
Males & Females
|Bowen Family Systems Therapy, CBT and TFCBT, Psychotherapy|
Premier Eating Disorder Treatment Therapists
Kathy Most, LCSW
One of the most important things, in my opinion, to know about eating disorders is that they are not about food or weight. They are actually a coping skill that many people use to avoid dealing with their emotions and life’s stressors. It’s also important to know that if you are struggling with any type of disordered eating that it is not your fault! Nobody would consciously choose to struggle this way, but the good news is that there is help for it. My approach in treating eating disorders is to help people understand their relationship with food, to separate their stressors and emotions from their eating and to learn moderation. Those with food issues tend to go from one extreme to another with food and view the relationship as all or nothing. I help people find the middle ground and to end the vicious cycle of unhealthy habits.
Sheri Tully, MSw,LCSW
My work eating disorders in general emanates from a working philosophy that includes my background in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, trauma work and Bowen Family Systems Theory. It is through my training in these fields that I understand that eating disorder treatment is by no means grounded in stagnant theory. My current work studying Bowen Family Systems Theory has helped me sharpen my clinical skills, with the understanding that many eating disorder fights are never over. My own personal struggle with an eating disorder makes me nothing more than a clinician who is experienced and understands.