Eating Disorder Hope has put together a list of Maryland eating disorder therapists into a single directory.
Specialists who treat bulimia, anorexia, binge eating, orthorexia, or other forms of disordered eating in their practice include:
- Eating disorder therapists (also known as eating disorder counselors, or eating disorder psychologists) : Provide regular therapy sessions and may practice more specific forms of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), family-based therapy, or other proven treatments for eating disorders. An eating disorder therapist may also treat co-occurring disorders in their practice.
- Registered dietitians : Create and maintain a balanced meal plan, and take part in Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Eating disorder psychiatrists : Prescribe medications and manage drug therapy
- Physicians who specialize in treating eating disorders : Oversee core medical complications that arise from eating disorders (such as heart palpitations, muscle atrophy, chronic migraines, etc.)
Men and women with eating disorders typically create a dedicated treatment team made of an eating disorder counselor, a dietitian, psychiatrist, and physician. This level of comprehensive treatment has been proven to be the most successful method of fighting and recovering from an eating disorder.
Our specialist directory of eating disorder counselors is organized to quickly tell you:
- Name, Location & Contact Information
- Treatment Setting : Whether the therapist or counselor conducts individual, couples, family, or group therapy sessions
- Types of Patients Served : Adolescents and / or Adults, Men and / or Women
- Therapies available : The core eating disorder therapies the practitioner uses; CBT, Medical Nutrition Therapy, DBT, etc.
Eating Disorder Therapists & Specialists in MD
|Name / Info||Treatment Setting||Patient Types Served||Therapies Available|
|Dr. Daisy Miller and Associates, LLC - Non-Diet Dietitians|
121 Congressional Lane. Ste 701
Rockville, MD 20852
Email: [email protected]
|Individual, Group, Family, Telehealth||Adults / Adolescents|
Male & Female
|Stefanie Gilbert, Ph.D. |
4405 East-West Highway, Suite 408
Bethesda, MD 20814
|Individual, Group, Family Therapy, Parent and Family Support Group||Adults / Adolescents / Pre-Adolescents |
Male & Female
|CBT, DBT, Psychodynamic, Interpersonal, ACT|
Premier Eating Disorder Treatment Therapists
Daisy Miller, Ph.D., LDN
The dieticians at Dr. Daisy Miller and Associates are among the highest level outpatient treatment providers for patients and their families struggling with eating disorders. We work with clients experiencing symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder (BED), Orthorexia, and AFRID (Avoidant, Restrictive, Food Intake Disorder).
We provide sound nutrition plans and communicate these plans with compassion and patience. We are well-skilled in applying behavioral and psychological models to nutrition counseling for eating disorders. These therapy tools help us better address our clients’ common feelings of ambivalence, resistance, and discouragement when they hit bumps in the road.
Eating disorders are treatable illnesses. We love helping our clients get their life back.
Stefanie Gilbert, Ph.D.
Stefanie Gilbert, Ph.D. is a Harvard-educated Clinical Psychologist who offers individual, family, and group psychotherapy focusing on the assessment and treatment of anxiety, depression, eating disorders, body image disturbance, and addictive behaviors.
Dr. Gilbert helps people to become more assertive, more grounded individuals so they can give up self-harming behaviors, develop healthier ways of coping, and live in ways that are consistent with their most cherished values and dreams. Dr. Gilbert focuses on helping individuals to make sense of their symptoms, develop a sense of self-compassion and self-love, and utilize healthier ways of managing stress in their daily lives.