Michigan Eating Disorder Therapists, Counselors & Specialists
Eating Disorder Hope has put together a list of Michigan eating disorder therapists into a single directory.
Specialists who treat bulimia, anorexia, binge eating, orthorexia, or other forms of disordered eating in their practice include:
- Eating disorder therapists (also known as eating disorder counselors, or eating disorder psychologists) : Provide regular therapy sessions and may practice more specific forms of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), family-based therapy, or other proven treatments for eating disorders. An eating disorder therapist may also treat co-occurring disorders in their practice.
- Registered dietitians : Create and maintain a balanced meal plan, and take part in Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Eating disorder psychiatrists : Prescribe medications and manage drug therapy
- Physicians who specialize in treating eating disorders : Oversee core medical complications that arise from eating disorders (such as heart palpitations, muscle atrophy, chronic migraines, etc.)
Men and women with eating disorders typically create a dedicated treatment team made of an eating disorder counselor, a dietitian, psychiatrist, and physician. This level of comprehensive treatment has been proven to be the most successful method of fighting and recovering from an eating disorder.
Our specialist directory of eating disorder counselors is organized to quickly tell you:
- Name, Location & Contact Information
- Treatment Setting : Whether the therapist or counselor conducts individual, couples, family, or group therapy sessions
- Types of Patients Served : Adolescents and / or Adults, Men and / or Women
- Therapies available : The core eating disorder therapies the practitioner uses; CBT, Medical Nutrition Therapy, DBT, etc.
Eating Disorder Therapists & Specialists in MI
|Name / Info||Treatment Setting||Patient Types Served||Therapies Available|
|Sheri L. Szuch, Ph.D|
721 E. Huron St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Email: [email protected]
Website: Dr. Sheri L. Szuch
|Individual Private Practice, Family Therapy, Group Therapy||Adults / Adolescents / Children|
Male & Female
|CBT, ACT, DBT, FBT, Family Systems, Interpersonal, Psychodynamic, Christian Counseling|
Premier Eating Disorder Treatment Therapists
Sheri L. Szuch, Ph.D
I have devoted the past 30 years of my career to helping individuals and families break free from the grip of eating disorders. I have seen and experienced the freedom that takes place as the obsession with food, dieting, calories & weight gradually begins to decrease, and that time and energy is redirected to other areas of life that are much more rewarding and satisfying.
My approach to treatment combines my education, training and 30 years of experience along with the hope and faith of my own personal recovery to help my clients find the freedom they need to live a fuller, more satisfying life. I am very passionate about my work, and I feel honored and privileged to walk with each of my clients through their recovery process. My initial goal is to provide a sense of hope, while creating an atmosphere of safety and trust.