Eating Disorder Hope has put together a list of Illinois eating disorder therapists into a single directory.
Specialists who treat bulimia, anorexia, binge eating, orthorexia, or other forms of disordered eating in their practice include:
- Eating disorder therapists (also known as eating disorder counselors, or eating disorder psychologists) : Provide regular therapy sessions and may practice more specific forms of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), family-based therapy, or other proven treatments for eating disorders. An eating disorder therapist may also treat co-occurring disorders in their practice.
- Registered dietitians : Create and maintain a balanced meal plan, and take part in Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Eating disorder psychiatrists : Prescribe medications and manage drug therapy
- Physicians who specialize in treating eating disorders : Oversee core medical complications that arise from eating disorders (such as heart palpitations, muscle atrophy, chronic migraines, etc.)
Men and women with eating disorders typically create a dedicated treatment team made of an eating disorder counselor, a dietitian, psychiatrist, and physician. This level of comprehensive treatment has been proven to be the most successful method of fighting and recovering from an eating disorder.
Our specialist directory of eating disorder counselors is organized to quickly tell you:
- Name, Location & Contact Information
- Treatment Setting : Whether the therapist or counselor conducts individual, couples, family, or group therapy sessions
- Types of Patients Served : Adolescents and / or Adults, Men and / or Women
- Therapies available : The core eating disorder therapies the practitioner uses; CBT, Medical Nutrition Therapy, DBT, etc.
Eating Disorder Therapists & Specialists in IL
|Name / Info||Treatment Setting||Patient Types Served||Therapies Available|
|Laura Jaramillo, LCPC|
Email: [email protected]
Website: Laura Jaramillo
277 83rd St, Suite D
Burr Ridge, IL 60527
43 E. Jefferson Ave.
Naperville, IL 60504
|Individual Private Practice, Family Therapy, Couples Therapy, Group Therapy, Phone Counseling / Email Counseling||Adults / Adolescents|
Male & Female
|CBT, DBT, EMDR, Exposure and Response Therapy, Essential Oils|
Premier Eating Disorder Therapists
Laura Jaramillo, LPC
There is value in finding a therapist that is right for you! My commitment is that no matter where you are, where you came from, or where you’re headed, you can live a life filled with purpose, grace, and ease. Open and honest communication is essential! Overall wellness is the key to living a happy and fulfilling life; which comes from taking action in each session and taking action in your life.
As a therapist, I understand that people need different things at different times. I have worked with males and females from ages 16-75, and have learned that in order for therapy to be effective, there has to be flexibility and structure tailored to each individual. I am open to meeting in different settings and involving your friends and family if that would be impactful.
Your commitment is just as important as mine to make sure that you are able to have freedom from your struggles and live the life you deserve.