Eating Disorder Hope has put together a list of Illinois eating disorder therapists into a single directory.
Specialists who treat bulimia, anorexia, binge eating, orthorexia, or other forms of disordered eating in their practice include:
- Eating disorder therapists (also known as eating disorder counselors, or eating disorder psychologists) : Provide regular therapy sessions and may practice more specific forms of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), family-based therapy, or other proven treatments for eating disorders. An eating disorder therapist may also treat co-occurring disorders in their practice.
- Registered dietitians : Create and maintain a balanced meal plan, and take part in Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Eating disorder psychiatrists : Prescribe medications and manage drug therapy
- Physicians who specialize in treating eating disorders : Oversee core medical complications that arise from eating disorders (such as heart palpitations, muscle atrophy, chronic migraines, etc.)
Men and women with eating disorders typically create a dedicated treatment team made of an eating disorder counselor, a dietitian, psychiatrist, and physician. This level of comprehensive treatment has been proven to be the most successful method of fighting and recovering from an eating disorder.
Our specialist directory of eating disorder counselors is organized to quickly tell you:
- Name, Location & Contact Information
- Treatment Setting : Whether the therapist or counselor conducts individual, couples, family, or group therapy sessions
- Types of Patients Served : Adolescents and / or Adults, Men and / or Women
- Therapies available : The core eating disorder therapies the practitioner uses; CBT, Medical Nutrition Therapy, DBT, etc.
Eating Disorder Therapists & Specialists in IL
|Name / Info||Treatment Setting||Patient Types Served||Therapies Available|
|Laura Jaramillo, LCPC|
477 E. Butterfield Rd., Suite 212
Lombard, IL 60148
Email: [email protected]
Website: Laura Jaramillo
|Individual Private Practice, Phone Counseling / Email Counseling||Adults / Adolescents|
Male & Female
|CBT, DBT, Yoga therapy, Mindfulness, EMDR, Client Centered, Behavioral, Exposure Response, Eclectic|
|Rita Ekelman, LDN|
2381 Sarazen Drive
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
Email: [email protected]
|Individual Private Practice||Adults|
Male & Female
Premier Eating Disorder Therapists
Laura Jaramillo, LPC
Laura Jaramillo is a Self Love Wellness Advocate, a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) and Registered Yoga Teacher of 200 hours. She has been working in the field of counseling since graduating from Purdue University with a degree in psychology in 2006. She obtained her master’s degree from National Louis University in community counseling. She has found a passion for working with individuals to help change their behaviors, which then, in turn, helps them to change their thought process and perspective in life.
Laura’s specialized areas of focus are eating disorders, anxiety, personality disorders, women in life, body image issues, self-injurious behaviors, self-esteem, stress management, difficulty adjusting to change, and social issues.
As a clinician, Laura feels that it is vital to ensure that each client feels that their individual needs are being met. She tailors treatment to each individual to meet your needs.
Rita Ekelman, LDN
My passion and nutrition-related experience are in treating people who suffer from various types of eating disorders, addictions, and other co-occurring disorders. I want to help clients establish a healthy relationship with food and their body in order to maintain long-term success in their recovery and how they view themselves.
I can help clients find their triggers, acknowledge and pinpoint cycles of harmful food behaviors, and establish goals in how to decrease/abstain from disordered eating patterns. Depending on the client’s needs, I can prepare meal plans, grocery lists, and assist with establishing food plans that will help structure the client’s day.