- Calls to this hotline are currently being directed to Within Health or Timberline Knolls
- Representatives are standing by 24/7 to help answer your questions
- All calls are confidential and HIPAA compliant
- There is no obligation or cost to call
- Eating Disorder Hope does not receive any commissions or fees dependent upon which provider you select
- Additional treatment providers are located on our directory or samhsa.gov
Almost Anorexic: Is My (or My Loved One’s) Relationship with Food a Problem?
About This Book
Millions of men and women struggle with disordered eating. Some stand at the mirror wondering how they can face the day when they look so fat. Others binge, purge or exercise compulsively. Many skip meals, go on diet after diet, or cut out entire food groups. Still, they are never thin enough but almost anorexic.
While 1 in 200 adults have experienced full-blown anorexia, at least 1 in 20 (1 in 10 teen girls!) have exhibited some key symptoms of anorexia, bulimia, or binge eating disorder. Many suffer from the effects but never address the issue because they don’t fully meet the diagnostic criteria. If this is the case for you, then you may be “almost anorexic.”
Drawing on case studies and the latest research, Almost Anorexic combines a psychologist’s clinical experience with a patient’s personal recovery story to help readers understand and overcome almost anorexia.