Wisconsin Eating Disorder Therapists, Counselors & Specialists
Eating Disorder Hope has put together a list of Wisconsin eating disorder therapists into a single directory.
Specialists who treat bulimia, anorexia, binge eating, orthorexia, or other forms of disordered eating in their practice include:
- Eating disorder therapists (also known as eating disorder counselors, or eating disorder psychologists) : Provide regular therapy sessions and may practice more specific forms of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), family-based therapy, or other proven treatments for eating disorders. An eating disorder therapist may also treat co-occurring disorders in their practice.
- Registered dietitians : Create and maintain a balanced meal plan, and take part in Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Eating disorder psychiatrists : Prescribe medications and manage drug therapy
- Physicians who specialize in treating eating disorders : Oversee core medical complications that arise from eating disorders (such as heart palpitations, muscle atrophy, chronic migraines, etc.)
Men and women with eating disorders typically create a dedicated treatment team made of an eating disorder counselor, a dietitian, psychiatrist, and physician. This level of comprehensive treatment has been proven to be the most successful method of fighting and recovering from an eating disorder.
Our specialist directory of eating disorder counselors is organized to quickly tell you:
- Name, Location & Contact Information
- Treatment Setting : Whether the therapist or counselor conducts individual, couples, family, or group therapy sessions
- Types of Patients Served : Adolescents and / or Adults, Men and / or Women
- Therapies available : The core eating disorder therapies the practitioner uses; CBT, Medical Nutrition Therapy, DBT, etc.
Eating Disorder Nutritionists & Therapists
|Name / Info||Treatment Setting||Patient Types Served||Therapies Available|
|Brittany Barker RDN|
759 Palmyra St.
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin 53066
Email: [email protected]
|Individual, Phone Counseling, Email Counseling, Online Video Counseling||Adults & Children|
Male & Female
|Nutrition Therapy, CBT|
Premier Eating Disorder Nutritionist
Brittany Barker, RDN
Have you heard so many messages about food that it’s difficult to know what to eat anymore? Does your weight and body image control how you feel about yourself? Do you ever eat beyond fullness and feel guilty about what you ate? Do you tell yourself you are not allowed to eat many types of foods because you are worried about how they will affect your health or weight? Are you struggling with an eating disorder and need support?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are NOT alone and you are in the right place. With so much nutrition information around us, it can be difficult to feel confident with food choices. I specialize in eating disorders and weight management. I’m passionate about teaching people how to have a better relationship with their body and food. I truly enjoy educating about food myths and misconceptions. I will meet you where you are at without judgment and together we can set up a meal plan to meet your nutritional and lifestyle needs.
Ask me about tele-nutrition services in your state!