- Calls to this hotline are currently being directed to Within Health or Timberline Knolls
- Representatives are standing by 24/7 to help answer your questions
- All calls are confidential and HIPAA compliant
- There is no obligation or cost to call
- Eating Disorder Hope does not receive any commissions or fees dependent upon which provider you select
- Additional treatment providers are located on our directory or samhsa.gov
Tennessee Eating Disorder Therapists, Counselors & Specialists
Eating Disorder Hope has put together a list of Tennessee eating disorder therapists into a single directory.
Specialists who treat bulimia, anorexia, binge eating, orthorexia, or other forms of disordered eating in their practice include:
- Eating disorder therapists (also known as eating disorder counselors, or eating disorder psychologists): Provide regular therapy sessions and may practice more specific forms of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), family-based therapy, or other proven treatments for eating disorders. An eating disorder therapist may also treat co-occurring disorders in their practice.
- Registered dietitians: Create and maintain a balanced meal plan, and take part in Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Eating disorder psychiatrists: Prescribe medications and manage drug therapy
- Physicians who specialize in treating eating disorders: Oversee core medical complications that arise from eating disorders (such as heart palpitations, muscle atrophy, chronic migraines, etc.)
Men and women with eating disorders typically create a dedicated treatment team made of an eating disorder counselor, a dietitian, psychiatrist, and physician. This level of comprehensive treatment has been proven to be the most successful method of fighting and recovering from an eating disorder.
Our specialist directory of eating disorder counselors is organized to quickly tell you:
- Name, Location & Contact Information
- Treatment Setting: Whether the therapist or counselor conducts individual, couples, family, or group therapy sessions
- Types of Patients Served: Adolescents and/or Adults, Men and/or Women
- Therapies available: The core eating disorder therapies the practitioner uses; CBT, Medical Nutrition Therapy, DBT, etc.
Eating Disorder Therapists & Specialists in TN
|Name / Info||Treatment Setting||Patient Types Served||Therapies Available|
|Kaitlyn Tucker, MS, RDN, LDN|
2210 Sutherland Avenue, Suite 115
Knoxville, TN 37919
Email: [email protected]
Website: Kaitlyn Tucker
|Group Therapy, Group Counseling||Adults / Adolescents|
Males / Females
|Courtney Stoddard, MS, RD, LDN, CEDRD|
7429 Shallowford Road
Chattanooga, TN 37421
Email: [email protected]
Website: Courtney Stoddard
|Individual Nutrition Counseling, Group Education||Adults / Adolescents|
Males / Females
Premier Tennessee Eating Disorder Therapists
Kaitlyn Tucker, MS, RDN, LDN
I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist licensed to practice in the state of Tennessee with 2 years professional experience.
My nutrition therapy practice follows a mindful, intuitive approach to food and works to create a healthier relationship with food, while addressing individualized client needs.
Courtney Stoddard, MS, RD, LDN, CEDRD
I am a Certified Eating Disorders Registered Dietitian and have worked in behavioral health for over 12 years. I help clients develop healthy relationships with food by practicing a non-diet approach of balance and moderation, teaching permission vs. restriction.
I’m DBT trained and use a small-step goal-oriented client-driven technique that incorporates body positive and mindfulness practices.
We at Eating Disorder Hope understand that eating disorders result from a combination of environmental and genetic factors. If you or a loved one are suffering from an eating disorder, please know that there is hope for you, and seek immediate professional help.
Reviewed & Approved on March 12, 2021, by Jacquelyn Ekern MS, LPC
Published May 2, 2012, on EatingDisorderHope.com