Eating Disorder Hope has put together a list of Missouri eating disorder therapists into a single directory.
Specialists who treat bulimia, anorexia, binge eating, orthorexia, or other forms of disordered eating in their practice include:
- Eating disorder therapists (also known as eating disorder counselors, or eating disorder psychologists) : Provide regular therapy sessions and may practice more specific forms of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), family-based therapy, or other proven treatments for eating disorders. An eating disorder therapist may also treat co-occurring disorders in their practice.
- Registered dietitians : Create and maintain a balanced meal plan, and take part in Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Eating disorder psychiatrists : Prescribe medications and manage drug therapy
- Physicians who specialize in treating eating disorders : Oversee core medical complications that arise from eating disorders (such as heart palpitations, muscle atrophy, chronic migraines, etc.)
Men and women with eating disorders typically create a dedicated treatment team made of an eating disorder counselor, a dietitian, psychiatrist, and physician. This level of comprehensive treatment has been proven to be the most successful method of fighting and recovering from an eating disorder.
Our specialist directory of eating disorder counselors is organized to quickly tell you:
- Name, Location & Contact Information
- Treatment Setting : Whether the therapist or counselor conducts individual, couples, family, or group therapy sessions
- Types of Patients Served : Adolescents and / or Adults, Men and / or Women
- Therapies available : The core eating disorder therapies the practitioner uses; CBT, Medical Nutrition Therapy, DBT, etc.
Eating Disorder Therapists & Specialists in MO
|Name / Info||Treatment Setting||Patient Types Served||Therapies Available|
|Travis Stewart, MA, LPC, NCC|
1023 Executive Parkway Dr., Suite 5
St. Louis, MO 63141
Email: [email protected]
|Outpatient Counseling, Coaching, Virtual Coaching, Individual Counseling, Some Family Counseling||Adults / Teens -16 & Older|
Male / Female
|CBT, DBT, ACT, Family Systems, Narrative Therapy, Faith-based - Christian Approach|
Premier Eating Disorder Treatment Therapists
Travis Stewart, MA, LPC, NCC
Counseling and coaching need to be based on trust. Together we will explore your story and word creatively as a team. I utilize a Cognitive Behavioral approach combined with features of Family Systems, DBT, ACT, and Narrative Therapy.
To understand your situation we need to understand how you got here. What are the relationships and experiences that have shaped you? Throughout life, you have developed beliefs about yourself and the world we live in. Some of these are accurate and some serve to protect yourself. We will identify these to help us understand your current situation.
Out of these beliefs come coping strategies, some of which are now causing problems. Together we will work to identify healthier ways to cope. While I do offer practical help, I don’t offer simple answers. Growth is full of trying, failing, stumbling, trusting, and moving forward with others to see our struggles redeemed.