Kentucky Eating Disorder Therapists, Counselors & Specialists
Eating Disorder Hope has put together a list of Kentucky eating disorder therapists into a single directory.
Specialists who treat bulimia, anorexia, binge eating, orthorexia, or other forms of disordered eating in their practice include:
- Eating disorder therapists (also known as eating disorder counselors, or eating disorder psychologists) : Provide regular therapy sessions and may practice more specific forms of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), family-based therapy, or other proven treatments for eating disorders. An eating disorder therapist may also treat co-occurring disorders in their practice.
- Registered dietitians : Create and maintain a balanced meal plan, and take part in Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Eating disorder psychiatrists : Prescribe medications and manage drug therapy
- Physicians who specialize in treating eating disorders : Oversee core medical complications that arise from eating disorders (such as heart palpitations, muscle atrophy, chronic migraines, etc.)
Men and women with eating disorders typically create a dedicated treatment team made of an eating disorder counselor, a dietitian, psychiatrist, and physician. This level of comprehensive treatment has been proven to be the most successful method of fighting and recovering from an eating disorder.
Our specialist directory of eating disorder counselors is organized to quickly tell you:
- Name, Location & Contact Information
- Treatment Setting : Whether the therapist or counselor conducts individual, couples, family, or group therapy sessions
- Types of Patients Served : Adolescents and / or Adults, Men and / or Women
- Therapies available : The core eating disorder therapies the practitioner uses; CBT, Medical Nutrition Therapy, DBT, etc.
Kentucky Eating Disorder Therapists & Specialists
|Name / Info||Treatment Setting||Patient Types Served||Therapies Available|
|Kelsi Helterbrand, MSW, LCSW|
Lexington Counseling and Psychiatry
501 Darby Creek Road, Suite 11
Lexington, KY 40509
Website: Lexington Counseling and Psychiatry
|Individual and Family Counseling||Adolescents / Adults|
Men and Women
|Member of Hope Club for Eating Disorder Professionals|
Premier Eating Disorder Treatment Therapists
Kelsi Helterbrand, MSW, LCSW
I enjoy working with individuals with a variety of mental health needs and have a particular interest in treating adult and adolescent eating disorders. As a therapist, I am compassionate and supportive, yet direct and result oriented. I will work with you to build on your strengths and achieve your goals. As a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, I am qualified by training and experience to treat adolescents and adults experiencing a variety of mental health issues. These include, but are not limited to, eating disorders, depression, anxiety, mood disorders, PTSD, and adjustment disorders.
I am licensed in the State of Kentucky to provide therapy and counseling services. I received a Masters degree from New York University in 2007. Given authority to practice independently of supervision by the Kentucky Board of Social Work, I must have regular training and adhere to strict ethical standards.
Page Last Reviewed and Updated By: Jacquelyn Ekern, MS, LPC on August 30, 2018
Published on EatingDisorderHope.com, Eating Disorders Resources & Treatment Information