Eating Disorder Hope has put together a list of Kentucky eating disorder therapists into a single directory.
Specialists who treat bulimia, anorexia, binge eating, orthorexia, or other forms of disordered eating in their practice include:
- Eating disorder therapists (also known as eating disorder counselors, or eating disorder psychologists) : Provide regular therapy sessions and may practice more specific forms of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), family-based therapy, or other proven treatments for eating disorders. An eating disorder therapist may also treat co-occurring disorders in their practice.
- Registered dietitians : Create and maintain a balanced meal plan, and take part in Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Eating disorder psychiatrists : Prescribe medications and manage drug therapy
- Physicians who specialize in treating eating disorders : Oversee core medical complications that arise from eating disorders (such as heart palpitations, muscle atrophy, chronic migraines, etc.)
Men and women with eating disorders typically create a dedicated treatment team made of an eating disorder counselor, a dietitian, psychiatrist, and physician. This level of comprehensive treatment has been proven to be the most successful method of fighting and recovering from an eating disorder.
Our specialist directory of eating disorder counselors is organized to quickly tell you:
- Name, Location & Contact Information
- Treatment Setting : Whether the therapist or counselor conducts individual, couples, family, or group therapy sessions
- Types of Patients Served : Adolescents and / or Adults, Men and / or Women
- Therapies available : The core eating disorder therapies the practitioner uses; CBT, Medical Nutrition Therapy, DBT, etc.
Kentucky Eating Disorder Therapists & Specialists
|Name / Info||Treatment Setting||Patient Types Served||Therapies Available|
|Member of Hope Club for Eating Disorder Professionals|
Premier Eating Disorder Treatment Therapists
Page Last Reviewed and Updated By: Jacquelyn Ekern, MS, LPC on August 30, 2018
Published on EatingDisorderHope.com, Eating Disorders Resources & Treatment Information