- Calls to this hotline are currently being directed to Within Health or Timberline Knolls
- Representatives are standing by 24/7 to help answer your questions
- All calls are confidential and HIPAA compliant
- There is no obligation or cost to call
- Eating Disorder Hope does not receive any commissions or fees dependent upon which provider you select
- Additional treatment providers are located on our directory or samhsa.gov
Maudsley Parents is a volunteer organization founded in 2006 to offer hope and help to families confronting eating disorders. Run by parents in collaboration with a panel of leading experts in child and adolescent eating disorders, Maudsley Parents offers information on eating disorders and Family-Based Treatment (FBT).
Family-based treatment, sometimes called the Maudsley approach, is an empirically supported therapy for adolescents with anorexia and bulimia nervosa. In FBT, families play and active and positive role in supporting recovery. Research studies show that long-term outcomes with FBT are very promising. Early identification, intervention and treatment are vitally important to minimize suffering and give the best chance for full recovery.
The website provides video and print materials, referrrals to specialists in family-based treatment, a monthly “Ask an Expert” column, family stories of recovery, supportive parent-to-parent advice, and other resources for families who opt for family-based treatment.
The organization holds an annual conference to bring together leading researchers, families and community clinicians, focusing on eating disorder research, early intervention and family treatment.
Maudsley Parents is seeking 501 (c)(3) status and hopes to complete the process in 2011.
Last Reviewed By: Jacquelyn Ekern, MS, LPC on April 25, 2012
Page last updated: June 12, 2012
Published on EatingDisorderHope.com, Online Information for the Treatment of Eating Disorders