Eating Disorder Hope has put together a list of Utah eating disorder therapists into a single directory.
Specialists who treat bulimia, anorexia, binge eating, orthorexia, or other forms of disordered eating in their practice include:
- Eating disorder therapists (also known as eating disorder counselors, or eating disorder psychologists): Provide regular therapy sessions and may practice more specific forms of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), family-based therapy, or other proven treatments for eating disorders. An eating disorder therapist may also treat co-occurring disorders in their practice.
- Registered dietitians: Create and maintain a balanced meal plan, and take part in Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Eating disorder psychiatrists: Prescribe medications and manage drug therapy
- Physicians who specialize in treating eating disorders: Oversee core medical complications that arise from eating disorders (such as heart palpitations, muscle atrophy, chronic migraines, etc.)
Men and women with eating disorders typically create a dedicated treatment team made of an eating disorder counselor, a dietitian, a psychiatrist, and a physician. This level of comprehensive treatment has been proven to be the most successful method of fighting and recovering from an eating disorder.
Our specialist directory of eating disorder counselors is organized to quickly tell you:
- Name, Location & Contact Information
- Treatment Setting: Whether the therapist or counselor conducts individual, couples, family, or group therapy sessions
- Types of Patients Served: Adolescents and/or Adults, Men and/or Women
- Therapies available: The core eating disorder therapies the practitioner uses; CBT, Medical Nutrition Therapy, DBT, etc.
Eating Disorder Therapists & Specialists in UT
|Name / Info||Treatment Setting||Patient Types Served||Therapies Available|
|Joanna Poppink, MFT|
10573 West Pico Blvd. #20
Los Angeles, California 90064
Email: [email protected]
Website: Joanna Poppink
|Individual and Virtual||Adults|
Male & Female
|CBT, Depth Psychotherapy, Journal Work, Dream Work|
Premier Utah Eating Disorder Therapists
Joanna Poppink, MFT
Stopping eating disorder behaviors is just the beginning of eating disorder recovery. I suffered from bulimia for many years. I know what it’s like to have an eating disorder when no one seems to understand the experience, including yourself.
In working with me, we slow down the dysfunctional eating (or non-eating) patterns while we discover and build on your genuine talents, gifts, and heartfelt desires. Your energy shifts from the eating behaviors to life fulfilling tasks. Eventually, you find that in living a satisfying life where you can be genuine in your work, love, and play, you no longer need an eating disorder.
My private psychotherapy practice is virtual and serves clients throughout Arizona, California, Florida, Oregon and Utah. I am the author of Healing Your Hungry Heart: Recovering from Your Eating Disorder, a guide to eating disorder recovery. To make an appointment for a free telephone consultation, e-mail [email protected]
Last Reviewed By: Jacquelyn Ekern, MS, LPC on February 6, 2019
Page last updated: February 6, 2019
Published on EatingDisorderHope.com, Eating Disorders Resources & Treatment Information