Eating Disorder Hope has put together a list of Utah eating disorder therapists into a single directory.
Specialists who treat bulimia, anorexia, binge eating, orthorexia, or other forms of disordered eating in their practice include:
- Eating disorder therapists (also known as eating disorder counselors, or eating disorder psychologists) : Provide regular therapy sessions and may practice more specific forms of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), family-based therapy, or other proven treatments for eating disorders. An eating disorder therapist may also treat co-occurring disorders in their practice.
- Registered dietitians : Create and maintain a balanced meal plan, and take part in Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Eating disorder psychiatrists : Prescribe medications and manage drug therapy
- Physicians who specialize in treating eating disorders : Oversee core medical complications that arise from eating disorders (such as heart palpitations, muscle atrophy, chronic migraines, etc.)
Men and women with eating disorders typically create a dedicated treatment team made of an eating disorder counselor, a dietitian, psychiatrist, and physician. This level of comprehensive treatment has been proven to be the most successful method of fighting and recovering from an eating disorder.
Our specialist directory of eating disorder counselors is organized to quickly tell you:
- Name, Location & Contact Information
- Treatment Setting : Whether the therapist or counselor conducts individual, couples, family, or group therapy sessions
- Types of Patients Served : Adolescents and / or Adults, Men and / or Women
- Therapies available : The core eating disorder therapies the practitioner uses; CBT, Medical Nutrition Therapy, DBT, etc.
Eating Disorder Therapists & Specialists in UT
|Name / Info||Treatment Setting||Patient Types Served||Therapies Available|
13431 Purple Ash Lane
Draper, UT 84020
Email: [email protected]
Website: SoulPower Wellness
|Individual Private Practice|
Phone Counseling / Email Counseling
Male & Female
|Art therapy, ACT, Soul focused therapy, Mindfulness, EMDR, Mind body bridging, Play therapy|
Premier Utah Eating Disorder Therapists
This is the hard truth. The path to recovery is terrifying and painful. And it is the path required of you if you want to have a life beyond an eating disorder. It’s not a path anyone can walk for you or make you choose. But I can help guide you back to yourself on your path. I can be there with you through it to show you the way out of the eating disorder and to healing. It’s a path I know well from personally and professionally walking it. I have a different understanding and a groundbreaking approach of how eating disorders need to be treated.
Last Reviewed By: Jacquelyn Ekern, MS, LPC on February 6, 2019
Page last updated: February 6, 2019
Published on EatingDisorderHope.com, Eating Disorders Resources & Treatment Information