Eating Disorder Hope has put together a list of South Carolina eating disorder therapists into a single directory.
Specialists who treat bulimia, anorexia, binge eating, orthorexia, or other forms of disordered eating in their practice include:
- Eating disorder therapists (also known as eating disorder counselors, or eating disorder psychologists) : Provide regular therapy sessions and may practice more specific forms of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), family-based therapy, or other proven treatments for eating disorders. An eating disorder therapist may also treat co-occurring disorders in their practice.
- Registered dietitians : Create and maintain a balanced meal plan, and take part in Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Eating disorder psychiatrists : Prescribe medications and manage drug therapy
- Physicians who specialize in treating eating disorders : Oversee core medical complications that arise from eating disorders (such as heart palpitations, muscle atrophy, chronic migraines, etc.)
Men and women with eating disorders typically create a dedicated treatment team made of an eating disorder counselor, a dietitian, psychiatrist, and physician. This level of comprehensive treatment has been proven to be the most successful method of fighting and recovering from an eating disorder.
Our specialist directory of eating disorder counselors is organized to quickly tell you:
- Name, Location & Contact Information
- Treatment Setting : Whether the therapist or counselor conducts individual, couples, family, or group therapy sessions
- Types of Patients Served : Adolescents and / or Adults, Men and / or Women
- Therapies available : The core eating disorder therapies the practitioner uses; CBT, Medical Nutrition Therapy, DBT, etc.
Eating Disorder Therapists & Specialists in SC
|Name / Info||Treatment Setting||Patient Types Served||Therapies Available|
Recovery Love and Care
Charleston, South Carolina
Email: [email protected]
Website: Jayne Mattingly
|Individual Private Practice||Adults / Adolescents|
Male & Female
Premier Eating Disorder Treatment Therapists
Recovery Love and Care offers several services for individuals on the path to full Eating Disorder Recovery, for those in need of a reset, an increase of self-worth, self-esteem, and overall body image conception. Jayne uses her Clinical Mental Health Counseling training and education, as well as, her past life experience within Eating Disorder recovery, to help ALL individuals find self-compassion, self-love and body appreciation in a world that does not allow them to do so. Jayne helps individuals within Eating Disorder recovery work through body image conception, and the overall process of recovery, in order to supplement their own Eating Disorder treatment.
Recovery Love and Care is able to provide mentoring, coaching and a more personalized touch to your recovery and body image journey! In addition to individual coaching Recovery Love and Care also hosts a virtual Eating Disorder Recovery Support Group, and Support Group for Loved One’s of those within ED recovery, please see below for more details.
Published on EatingDisorderHope.com, Eating Disorders Resources & Treatment Information