Eating Disorder Hope has put together a list of Florida eating disorder therapists into a single directory.
Specialists who treat bulimia, anorexia, binge eating, orthorexia, or other forms of disordered eating in their practice include:
- Eating disorder therapists (also known as eating disorder counselors, or eating disorder psychologists): Provide regular therapy sessions and may practice more specific forms of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), family-based therapy, or other proven treatments for eating disorders. An eating disorder therapist may also treat co-occurring disorders in their practice.
- Registered dietitians: Create and maintain a balanced meal plan, and take part in Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Eating disorder psychiatrists: Prescribe medications and manage drug therapy
- Physicians who specialize in treating eating disorders: Oversee core medical complications that arise from eating disorders (such as heart palpitations, muscle atrophy, chronic migraines, etc.)
Men and women with eating disorders typically create a dedicated treatment team made of an eating disorder counselor, a dietitian, psychiatrist, and physician. This level of comprehensive treatment has been proven to be the most successful method of fighting and recovering from an eating disorder.
Our specialist directory of eating disorder counselors is organized to quickly tell you:
- Name, Location & Contact Information
- Treatment Setting: Whether the therapist or counselor conducts individual, couples, family, or group therapy sessions
- Types of Patients Served: Adolescents and/or Adults, Men and/or Women
- Therapies available: The core eating disorder therapies the practitioner uses; CBT, Medical Nutrition Therapy, DBT, etc.
Eating Disorder Therapists & Specialists in FL
|Name / Info||Treatment Setting||Patient Types Served||Therapies Available|
|Joanna Poppink, MFT|
10573 West Pico Blvd. #20
Los Angeles, California 90064
Email: [email protected]
Website: Joanna Poppink
|Individual and Virtual||Adults|
Male & Female
|CBT, Depth Psychotherapy, Journal Work, Dream Work|
|The Renew Center of Florida|
299 Camino Gardens Blvd., Suite 100
Boca Raton, Florida 33432
Email: [email protected]
Website: The Renew Center of Florida
|Outpatient, IOP||Adults / Adolescents|
Male & Female
|CBT, DBT, Ericksonian Hypnotherapy, Holistic Therapies, Trauma Resolution, Rapid Reduction Technique, Systemic and Family Therapies, Structural, Contextual, Mindfulness, NLP|
Premier Florida Eating Disorder Therapists
Joanna Poppink, MFT
Stopping eating disorder behaviors is just the beginning of eating disorder recovery. I suffered from bulimia for many years. I know what it’s like to have an eating disorder when no one seems to understand the experience, including yourself.
In working with me, we slow down the dysfunctional eating (or non-eating) patterns while we discover and build on your genuine talents, gifts, and heartfelt desires. Your energy shifts from the eating behaviors to life fulfilling tasks. Eventually, you find that in living a satisfying life where you can be genuine in your work, love, and play, you no longer need an eating disorder.
My private psychotherapy practice is virtual and serves clients throughout California and Utah. I am the author of Healing Your Hungry Heart: Recovering from Your Eating Disorder, a guide to eating disorder recovery. To make an appointment for a free telephone consultation, e-mail [email protected]
Dr. Lisa C. Palmer, Ph.D., LMFT, CHT, CRRTT
The Renew Center of Florida was ranked #1 Treatment Center for PTSD in the US by Newsmax in 2017. A boutique center drawing many high-profile patients from all over the world, Renew Center is known for effective “reality-based” treatment programs with a focus on healing root symptoms. Combining psychotherapy with functional medicine, Renew offers 30-60-90 Day intensive outpatient programs to heal the whole mind and body from eating disorders, traumas, mood instabilities, relationships, and health concerns stemming from mental health. Dr. Palmer and her team emphasize principles of vitality to powerfully and effectively help you recover naturally and organically, so that you may achieve transformation like you have never felt before. Please visit www.TheRenewCenter.com for more information and to schedule a free 15-minute discovery call to learn more about getting started!
Our programs allow you to quickly and organically heal from past traumas and conflicts within the subconscious that affect your thoughts, actions, and performance, helping you to build on your inner strengths! Individuals and families from all over the world come to Renew who want to improve their life and enhance their lives. Our Program and Clinical Director, Dr. Lisa Palmer is a nationally and internationally known expert who appears regularly on network television and radio shows on FOX, RT America, CNN, CBSN, The Blaze, Cheddar TV, OANN, SKY TV, Newsmax, and has also appeared on syndicated shows such as Dr. Drew, Prime Time Justice with Ashleigh Banfield, and Crime Watch Daily. Dr. Palmer works with each patient personally to assure more rapid success for complex and co-occurring issues.
**Please Note: Renew is private pay and only participates with insurances as an out of network provider following completion of your program.**