Florida Eating Disorder Therapists, Counselors & Specialists
Eating Disorder Hope has put together a list of Florida eating disorder therapists into a single directory.
Specialists who treat bulimia, anorexia, binge eating, orthorexia, or other forms of disordered eating in their practice include:
- Eating disorder therapists (also known as eating disorder counselors, or eating disorder psychologists) : Provide regular therapy sessions and may practice more specific forms of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), family-based therapy, or other proven treatments for eating disorders. An eating disorder therapist may also treat co-occurring disorders in their practice.
- Registered dietitians : Create and maintain a balanced meal plan, and take part in Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Eating disorder psychiatrists : Prescribe medications and manage drug therapy
- Physicians who specialize in treating eating disorders : Oversee core medical complications that arise from eating disorders (such as heart palpitations, muscle atrophy, chronic migraines, etc.)
Men and women with eating disorders typically create a dedicated treatment team made of an eating disorder counselor, a dietitian, psychiatrist, and physician. This level of comprehensive treatment has been proven to be the most successful method of fighting and recovering from an eating disorder.
Our specialist directory of eating disorder counselors is organized to quickly tell you:
- Name, Location & Contact Information
- Treatment Setting : Whether the therapist or counselor conducts individual, couples, family, or group therapy sessions
- Types of Patients Served : Adolescents and / or Adults, Men and / or Women
- Therapies available : The core eating disorder therapies the practitioner uses; CBT, Medical Nutrition Therapy, DBT, etc.
Eating Disorder Therapists & Specialists in FL
|Name / Info||Treatment Setting||Patient Types Served||Therapies Available|
|The Renew Center of Florida|
299 Camino Gardens Blvd., Suite 100
Boca Raton, Florida 33432
Email: [email protected]
Website: The Renew Center of Florida
|Outpatient, IOP||Adults / Adolescents|
Male & Female
|CBT, DBT, Ericksonian Hypnotherapy, Holistic Therapies, Trauma Resolution, Rapid Reduction Technique, Systemic and Family Therapies, Structural, Contextual, Mindfulness, NLP|
|Abby Bernstein, LMHC|
2200 NW Corporate BLVD suite 300
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Email: [email protected]
Website: Abby Rose Counseling
|Individual Private Practice||Adults / Adolescents|
Male & Female
|CBT, DBT, ACT, Solution Focused Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Family Systems Work, Family Therapy, Couples Therapy, Individual Therapy|
We are currently compiling data on Eating Disorder Therapists in FL.
Premier Eating Disorder Treatment Therapists
Dr. Lisa C. Palmer, Ph.D., LMFT, CHT, CRRTT
Renew Center of Florida offers intensive individually customized wellness programs combining psychotherapies and functional medicine to heal the whole mind and body at the root from eating disorders, addictions, traumas, and relationship issues!
Let Leading Psychotherapist and Wellness Healer, Dr. Lisa Palmer help make you and your family a believer that treatment will work like you have never seen before! Live the the reality you dream of. Dr. Palmer adds her personal touch to each treatment using her own blend of the finest techniques in neuroscience, hypnotherapy, relational therapy, psychotherapy, functional medicine, and wellness coaching, to help you eliminate toxic reactions and behaviors that are out of your control to take charge of yourself, your life, and your relationships!
Seeing is believing, and Dr. Palmer’s record of tremendous success has garnered her national and international recognition, as well as patients who have come to see her from all around the world for long-term recovery from tough-to-beat mental and physical ailments.
Abby Bernstein, LMHC
Abby provides clients with an integrative therapeutic approach that focuses on personal exploration and self-awareness. She believes that productive therapy occurs when both the client and therapist collaboratively work together on the grounds of open communication and trust. She works hard to provide a supportive & safe environment that allows for exploration and growth.