Eating Disorder Hope has put together a list of Arizona eating disorder therapists into a single directory.
Specialists who treat bulimia, anorexia, binge eating, orthorexia, or other forms of disordered eating in their practice include:
- Eating disorder therapists (also known as eating disorder counselors, or eating disorder psychologists)-Provide regular therapy sessions and may practice more specific forms of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), family-based therapy, or other proven treatments for eating disorders. An eating disorder therapist may also treat co-occurring disorders in their practice.
- Registered dietitians-Create and maintain a balanced meal plan, and take part in Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Eating disorder psychiatrists-Prescribe medications and manage drug therapy
- Physicians who specialize in treating eating disorders-Oversee core medical complications that arise from eating disorders (such as heart palpitations, muscle atrophy, chronic migraines, etc.)
Men and women with eating disorders typically create a dedicated treatment team made of an eating disorder counselor, a dietitian, psychiatrist, and physician. This level of comprehensive treatment has been proven to be the most successful method of fighting and recovering from an eating disorder.
Our specialist directory of eating disorder counselors is organized to quickly tell you:
- Name, Location & Contact Information
- Treatment Setting-Whether the therapist or counselor conducts individual, couples, family, or group therapy sessions
- Types of Patients Served-Adolescents and / or Adults, Men and / or Women
- Therapies available-The core eating disorder therapies the practitioner uses; CBT, Medical Nutrition Therapy, DBT, etc.
Eating Disorder Therapists & Specialists in AZ
|Name / Info||Treatment Setting||Patient Types Served||Therapies Available|
|Meredith Riddick, LPC, CEDS-S|
Harmony Therapy Group
44075 Pipeline Plaza, Suite 300
Ashburn, VA 20147
Email: [email protected]
Website: Meredith Riddick, LPC, CEDS-S
|Online Individual and Group Therapy, E-Courses||Adults / Adolescents|
Males / Females
|CBT, RODBT, IPT, Attachment, EFFT, FBT, EMDR|
Premier Arizona Eating Disorder Therapists
Meredith Riddick, LPC, CEDS-S
Through individual therapy, group therapy and e-courses, I help women find freedom with food and their bodies so they can return to a life where they feel they can thrive.
I am the founder and owner of Harmony Therapy Group and a Licensed Professional Counselor and Certified Eating Disorders Specialist-Supervisor who primarily treats eating disorders, trauma, anxiety, and relationship issues. I have multi-state licensure and can see clients located in Virginia, Texas, Maryland, and Arizona.
With over a decade of experience as a therapist, I have accrued an impressive resume of specialties, presentations, and a variety of highly individualized services to my clientele. I am certified in EMDR and am intensively trained in Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy. Completing Level 1 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy also allows me to utilize special interventions with individuals seeking relationship therapy.
Page Last Reviewed & Updated By: Jacquelyn Ekern, MS, LPC on July 16, 2020
Published on EatingDisorderHope.com, Eating Disorders Resources & Treatment Information