- Calls to this hotline are currently being directed to Within Health or Timberline Knolls
- Representatives are standing by 24/7 to help answer your questions
- All calls are confidential and HIPAA compliant
- There is no obligation or cost to call
- Eating Disorder Hope does not receive any commissions or fees dependent upon which provider you select
- Additional treatment providers are located on our directory or samhsa.gov
India Eating Disorder Treatment programs strive to make mental health care more easily accessible and reduce the stigma surrounding eating disorders nationwide.
India Eating Disorder Treatment Organizations & Charities
The MINDS Foundation recognizes that both stigma and economic burden keep many of India’s population from seeking help for mental health issues.
With centers in both North and South Goa, this non-profit specializes in helping children and adolescents struggling with mental health concerns.
India Eating Disorder Treatment Specialists
Lakshmi Vijayakumar, M.D.
“In India, people with severe mental illnesses often turn to temples and shrines, not to doctors. Some social workers are trying to change this by focusing their efforts on India’s schools.” Read more here.
“Would I have developed anorexia nervosa had we not emigrated from India to Canada? Would I have felt compelled to engage in behaviors to the brink of death, only to have to battle and claw my way back to normalcy, somehow finding the strength to finish medical school in the process? Would I have fallen prey to the disorder if I hadn’t become involved in high school sports? And, paradoxically, did these same factors–being Indian and wanting to be competitive in sports–play a role in my recovery?” Read more here.