- Calls to this hotline are currently being directed to Within Health or Timberline Knolls
- Representatives are standing by 24/7 to help answer your questions
- All calls are confidential and HIPAA compliant
- There is no obligation or cost to call
- Eating Disorder Hope does not receive any commissions or fees dependent upon which provider you select
- Additional treatment providers are located on our directory or samhsa.gov
Top 10 Tips for Eating Disorder Recovery
Self Acceptance ~ Health ~ Well-being
1 – Work with an eating disorder specialist treatment team if at all possible. If not, seek out some of the many wonderful self-help programs available to assist you in recovery.
2 – Develop self-acceptance through practicing compassion toward self.
3 – Develop a positive and self-nurturing internal dialogue.
4 – Get treatment for co-occurring disorders such as anxiety and depression.
5 – Practice mindfulness and living in the moment.
6 – Listen to and honor your feelings.
7 – Eat well and listen to your body’s hunger and fullness signs.
8 – Accept your genetic makeup and appreciate your body.
9 – Have a relapse prevention or correction plan.
10 – Develop faith and trust in God and let go of what you cannot control.
Last reviewed: By Jacquelyn Ekern, MS, LPC on February 23, 2017
Page last updated: February 23, 2017
Published on EatingDisorderHope.com, Online Eating Disorder Information