- Calls to this hotline are currently being directed to Within Health or Timberline Knolls
- Representatives are standing by 24/7 to help answer your questions
- All calls are confidential and HIPAA compliant
- There is no obligation or cost to call
- Eating Disorder Hope does not receive any commissions or fees dependent upon which provider you select
- Additional treatment providers are located on our directory or samhsa.gov
Beating Ana: How to Outsmart Your Eating Disorder and Take Your Life Back
About This Book
Imagine a world where it is easy to find someone to turn to who understands your struggles, identifies with your wounds, and knows how lonely and scary it feels to live inside your skin.
In this fantastic brave new world, you would face your eating disorder head on, standing tall and firm with supportive friends by your side as you get betterand stay that way! In Beating Ana, Shannon Cutts opens the door to this world as she introduces you to a whole new way of thinking about and recovering from your eating disorder.
Shannon understands firsthand the total isolation, dead-end thinking, and exhausting mind tricks that eating disorders confine you to and has found a way to break free from her own 15-year battle with eating-disordered thinking and livingfor goodthrough the powerful process of mentoring and connecting together.
From the very first page of Beating Ana, you will experience the empowering joy of sharing your recovery process with others as Shannon guides you with the same techniques she developed to achieve her own lasting recovery and has since passed along to her own mentees. You will walk with Shannon through the recovery process as you read private correspondence from five of her longtime mentees and participate right along with them in self-quizzes, short exercises, motivational affirmations, and journaling that is specifically designed to give you the courage, support, and tangible skills to say “no” to your eating disorder and “yes” to your life!