Oregon Eating Disorder Therapists, Counselors & Specialists
Eating Disorder Hope has put together a list of Oregon eating disorder therapists into a single directory.
Specialists who treat bulimia, anorexia, binge eating, orthorexia, or other forms of disordered eating in their practice include:
- Eating disorder therapists (also known as eating disorder counselors, or eating disorder psychologists) : Provide regular therapy sessions and may practice more specific forms of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), family-based therapy, or other proven treatments for eating disorders. An eating disorder therapist may also treat co-occurring disorders in their practice.
- Registered dietitians : Create and maintain a balanced meal plan, and take part in Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Eating disorder psychiatrists : Prescribe medications and manage drug therapy
- Physicians who specialize in treating eating disorders : Oversee core medical complications that arise from eating disorders (such as heart palpitations, muscle atrophy, chronic migraines, etc.)
Men and women with eating disorders typically create a dedicated treatment team made of an eating disorder counselor, a dietitian, psychiatrist, and physician. This level of comprehensive treatment has been proven to be the most successful method of fighting and recovering from an eating disorder.
Our specialist directory of eating disorder counselors is organized to quickly tell you:
- Name, Location & Contact Information
- Treatment Setting : Whether the therapist or counselor conducts individual, couples, family, or group therapy sessions
- Types of Patients Served : Adolescents and / or Adults, Men and / or Women
- Therapies available : The core eating disorder therapies the practitioner uses; CBT, Medical Nutrition Therapy, DBT, etc.
Eating Disorder Therapists & Specialists in OR
Name / Info
Patient Types Served
|Bart Walsh, MSW, LCSW|
1306 SW Bertha Blvd
Portland, Oregon 976219
Website: Affinity Counseling and Hypnosis
|Individual Therapy, EMDR, Hypnosis, Family Therapy, Couples Therapy||Adults / Adolescents / Children / Athletes / |
Male & Female
|Systems theory, Jungian therapy, CBT, Object relations theory, Ericksonian hypnotherapy, Hypnosis, Breath work, Narrative therapy, Ego-state therapy, Solution focused therapy, Music therapy, Eye movement desensitization
Premier Eating Disorder Treatment Therapists
Bart Walsh, MSW, LCSW
My orientation to counseling, psychotherapy and hypnotherapy is essentially a strengths perspective with a solution focus. The strengths perspective acknowledges all the strengths, resources and instinctual imperatives within an individual that have helped the individual get to the present moment. Each individual is unique, has a unique history and carries a unique set of experience, learning and resources. Each human being, from intrauterine development on, accumulates experience which contributes to a personal foundation of reality. This reality encompasses identity (self-perception), relationship (other-perception), expected response to the course of the environment, belief about the future and personal role in the future.
The influences that guide my work and contribute to the strengths perspective have been derived from studies, experience or training in: systems theory, Jungian therapy, cognitive therapy, object relations theory, Ericksonian hypnotherapy, hypnosis, breath work, narrative therapy, ego-state therapy, solution focused therapy, music therapy, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing and more.
Page Last Updated and Reviewed By: Jacquelyn Ekern, MS, LPC on October 9, 2013
Published on EatingDisorderHope.com, Eating Disorders Resources & Treatment Information
Addiction Hope Ad
If you or a loved one are suffering with substance abuse, explore our sister website, Addiction Hope, www.addictionhope.com. Like EDH, it provides information, treatment resources, and recovery guides for drug abuse.