Eating Disorder Hope has put together a list of Oregon eating disorder therapists into a single directory.
Specialists who treat bulimia, anorexia, binge eating, orthorexia, or other forms of disordered eating in their practice include:
- Eating disorder therapists (also known as eating disorder counselors, or eating disorder psychologists) : Provide regular therapy sessions and may practice more specific forms of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), family-based therapy, or other proven treatments for eating disorders. An eating disorder therapist may also treat co-occurring disorders in their practice.
- Registered dietitians : Create and maintain a balanced meal plan, and take part in Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Eating disorder psychiatrists : Prescribe medications and manage drug therapy
- Physicians who specialize in treating eating disorders : Oversee core medical complications that arise from eating disorders (such as heart palpitations, muscle atrophy, chronic migraines, etc.)
Men and women with eating disorders typically create a dedicated treatment team made of an eating disorder counselor, a dietitian, psychiatrist, and physician. This level of comprehensive treatment has been proven to be the most successful method of fighting and recovering from an eating disorder.
Our specialist directory of eating disorder counselors is organized to quickly tell you:
- Name, Location & Contact Information
- Treatment Setting : Whether the therapist or counselor conducts individual, couples, family, or group therapy sessions
- Types of Patients Served : Adolescents and / or Adults, Men and / or Women
- Therapies available : The core eating disorder therapies the practitioner uses; CBT, Medical Nutrition Therapy, DBT, etc.
Eating Disorder Therapists & Specialists in OR
|Name / Info||Treatment Setting||Patient Types Served||Therapies Available|
|Jacquelyn Ekern, MS, LPC|
11358 Highcrest Ct.
Redmond, Oregon 97756
Private Practice of Jacquelyn Ekern
|Individual Therapy, Online, Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Mindfulness, Cognitive Behavior Therapy||Adults / |
Male & Female
|Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Mindfulness, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy|
Premier Oregon Eating Disorder Therapists
Jacquelyn Ekern, MS, LPC
I welcome the opportunity to work with you to find greater peace, well-being, and confidence. I believe in offering unconditional positive regard and recognizing your inherent strengths and gifts as you create a fulfilling and meaningful life for yourself. Pain is inevitable in life, but suffering can be lessened significantly by processing difficult situations through a self-compassionate lens.
I am particularly skilled in helping you to overcome anxiety, depression, often underlying conditions of eating disorders. I am here to encourage, support, and celebrate your growth.
I look forward to exploring your challenges together and offering you the encouragement and understanding that you deserve.
We are currently seeking additional eating disorder therapists on Eating Disorder Therapists in OR.