- Calls to this hotline are currently being directed to Within Health or Timberline Knolls
- Representatives are standing by 24/7 to help answer your questions
- All calls are confidential and HIPAA compliant
- There is no obligation or cost to call
- Eating Disorder Hope does not receive any commissions or fees dependent upon which provider you select
- Additional treatment providers are located on our directory or samhsa.gov
- This event has passed.
Simultaneous Treatment of Eating Disorders and Substance Use Disorders
September 21 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am PDT
Please Join Timberline Knolls for a
Free CE Webinar; 1 CE Offered
Thurs, Sept 21, 2023
12 p.m. Central/1 p.m. Eastern/11 a.m. Mountain/10 a.m. Pacific
“Simultaneous Treatment of Eating Disorders and Substance Use Disorders”
by Camille Williams, LCPC, CED-S, Eating Disorder Program Coordinator & Heather Klajbor, MHS, CADC, LPC, Addictions Program Coordinator
This presentation will provide education on co-occurring eating disorders and substance use disorders. It will highlight how eating disorders share many similarities to substance use disorders as well as how these disorders are related. Prevalence rates of these co-occurring disorders will be provided. In addition, evidence-based treatment options will be outlined.
- Define the characteristics of both substance use and eating disorders and their relation to addiction.
- Identify 3 reasons why someone would engage in eating disorder behaviors and substance use simultaneously.
- Discuss evidence-based practices utilized for treatment of co-occurring substance and eating disorders.