- Calls to this hotline are currently being directed to Within Health or Timberline Knolls
- Representatives are standing by 24/7 to help answer your questions
- All calls are confidential and HIPAA compliant
- There is no obligation or cost to call
- Eating Disorder Hope does not receive any commissions or fees dependent upon which provider you select
- Additional treatment providers are located on our directory or samhsa.gov
- This event has passed.
Nutrition Interventions for the Treatment of ARFID
October 3 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am PDT
Join Julia Cassidy, MS, RD, CEDRD-S, Alsana’s VP of Clinical Nutrition Services, for a webinar on “Nutrition Interventions for the Treatment of ARFID.” The webinar begins Tuesday, October 3, 2023, at 9:00 AM PT/ 11:00 AM CT/ 12:00 PM ET. We are offering 1 CE hour through APA, CDR, and NBCC for live attendance.
During this presentation, you’ll learn strategies to support clients with Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorders (ARFID). We know that ARFID is an eating or feeding disturbance with three subcategories (e.g., apparent lack of interest in eating or food; avoidance based on the sensory characteristics of food; concern about aversive consequences of eating) and is manifested by persistent failure to meet appropriate nutritional and/or energy needs associated with significant weight loss and nutritional deficiency. This presentation will help guide dietitians and clinicians on nutritional interventions from the lens of exposure and response prevention (ERP), food chaining, and flavor mapping.
– Gain a deeper understanding of the three subcategories of ARFID
– Increase knowledge of nutrition exposure and response prevention interventions for the treatment of ARFID
– Learn how to apply food chaining and flavor mapping in the treatment of ARFID
9:00am – 9:15am PT- Welcome
9:15am – 10:15am PT- Presentation
10:15am – 10:30am PT- Q&A