- Calls to this hotline are currently being directed to Within Health or Timberline Knolls
- Representatives are standing by 24/7 to help answer your questions
- All calls are confidential and HIPAA compliant
- There is no obligation or cost to call
- Eating Disorder Hope does not receive any commissions or fees dependent upon which provider you select
- Additional treatment providers are located on our directory or samhsa.gov
FBT With a Twist: Creative and Practical Strategies for Adapting Family Based Treatment Webinar
March 22 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am PDT
Galen Hope Presents: FBT With a Twist: Creative and Practical Strategies for Adapting Family Based Treatment Webinar
For many families with a loved one with an eating disorder, Family Based Treatment is a very appealing first line treatment. Finding a provider who is fully trained in FBT can sometimes be challenging. It is important when discussing how to adapt FBT to more appropriately meet the needs of clients that one starts with full training and understanding of this protocol.
This discussion is not about how to do “FBT style” interventions, but rather, how to adapt the core principles and tenets in a way that remains true to the original intent and spirit of FBT but also honors the clinical observations and expertise that the clinician is bringing into the work with the clients. While FBT can be highly structured and manualized, it is possible to integrate other providers and interventions in a way that reduces stress for the family and/or allows them to continue to work in an outpatient setting.
Allowing the clinician to deviate and use some of their own creativity and wisdom can help both the clinician and the family have a uniquely meaningful experience while doing extraordinarily challenging work. At the same time, FBT principles have had an enormous influence on the way eating disorder providers approach treatment and these principles are helpful not only in the outpatient setting, but can also be incorporated into more traditional treatment center settings as well.
- Discuss basic tenets and components of Family Based Therapy
- Implement additional interventions to support an FBT client in the outpatient setting or treatment center setting
- Explain how adaptations must remain true to FBT principles in order to have fidelity to the protocol
- All Levels