- Calls to this hotline are currently being directed to Within Health or Timberline Knolls
- Representatives are standing by 24/7 to help answer your questions
- All calls are confidential and HIPAA compliant
- There is no obligation or cost to call
- Eating Disorder Hope does not receive any commissions or fees dependent upon which provider you select
- Additional treatment providers are located on our directory or samhsa.gov
- This event has passed.
EDC’s Congressional Briefing in Washington D.C.!
September 27 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am PDT
Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Time: 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM EST
Location: Rayburn House Office Building Room 2075
Purpose: The briefing will educate congressional staff on the harms of social media for young users and policy recommendations to mitigate these harms. The briefing will feature a slate of experts and individuals with lived experience who will address why passing the Kids Online Safety Act (S. 1409) is urgently needed to improve safety for children online in the U.S.
Dr. Christine Peat, Board President, EDC; Director, National Center of Excellence on Eating Disorders, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
Dr. Bryn Austin, Director, Strategic Training Initiative for the Prevention of Eating Disorders, Harvard University
Josh Golin, Executive Director, Fairplay
Johanna Kandel, Founder & CEO, National Alliance for Eating Disorders
Cami Nelsen & Katy Nelsen, Mother/Daughter with lived experience