- Calls to this hotline are currently being directed to Within Health or Timberline Knolls
- Representatives are standing by 24/7 to help answer your questions
- All calls are confidential and HIPAA compliant
- There is no obligation or cost to call
- Eating Disorder Hope does not receive any commissions or fees dependent upon which provider you select
- Additional treatment providers are located on our directory or samhsa.gov
Eating Disorder Hope has put together a list of New Jersey eating disorder therapists into a single directory.
Specialists who treat bulimia, anorexia, binge eating, orthorexia, or other forms of disordered eating in their practice include:
- Eating disorder therapists (also known as eating disorder counselors, or eating disorder psychologists): Provide regular therapy sessions and may practice more specific forms of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), family-based therapy, or other proven treatments for eating disorders. An eating disorder therapist may also treat co-occurring disorders in their practice.
- Registered dietitians: Create and maintain a balanced meal plan, and take part in Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Eating disorder psychiatrists: Prescribe medications and manage drug therapy
- Physicians who specialize in treating eating disorders: Oversee core medical complications that arise from eating disorders (such as heart palpitations, muscle atrophy, chronic migraines, etc.)
Men and women with eating disorders typically create a dedicated treatment team made of an eating disorder counselor, a dietitian, psychiatrist, and physician. This level of comprehensive treatment has been proven to be the most successful method of fighting and recovering from an eating disorder.
Our specialist directory of eating disorder counselors is organized to quickly tell you:
- Name, Location & Contact Information
- Treatment Setting: Whether the therapist or counselor conducts individual, couples, family, or group therapy sessions
- Types of Patients Served: Adolescents and/or Adults, Men and/or Women
- Therapies available: The core eating disorder therapies the practitioner uses; CBT, Medical Nutrition Therapy, DBT, etc.
Eating Disorder Therapists & Specialists in NJ
Premier Eating Disorder Treatment Therapists
Dr. Shilin Pandya
I focus on treating patients holistically. This takes into account any factors affecting you – culture, job, school, family situation, religion, sleep, appetite, past trauma, etc. Issues that are unique to each human being, which means it needs individual attention and a treatment plan catered to those specific needs.
I offer an extensively detailed initial interview to get to know a basic core of the problem that brings you to me. Towards the end of each visit you get a detailed treatment plan including medication education, and alternative strategies if needed. Goal of each visit is to leave you empowered to live a more content life.
I look forward to hearing from you soon. I will not prescribe medications unless you absolutely need them and I will educate you prior to writing you a prescription. Please schedule an initial visit so you make an informed decision.