Welcome to Sanctuary!
Sanctuary is New York City’s premier treatment program for the treatment of PTSD and related disorders. Founded by Dr. Sarah Chipps and Greta Gleissner, LCSW, Sanctuary is the first IOP program in NYC that provides primary trauma treatment and co-occurring disorders, while simultaneously providing wraparound support to help decrease maladaptive coping strategies clients use to manage trauma responses.
At our core we are a trauma program, providing clients with a supportive, intensive outpatient treatment environment that will enable clients to increase stabilization, reduce maladaptive coping strategies, build capacity to hold emotions and experiences and create a greater sense of safety as they move through the world. All of our therapists are independently licensed therapists who have many years of experience and specialize in trauma, eating disorders, and co-occurring issues.
Put simply, we want to see you thrive! We know that traumatic experiences, both big and small, can prevent you from engaging in a meaningful and joyful life. Our goal is to provide you with tools and skills that will help to settle and heal your nervous system and to help you process and start to think differently about yourself, others, your past, and your future.
We look forward to walking alongside you on your path of healing!
What Makes Us Unique
- Sanctuary is New York City’s premier and first Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) for the treatment of PTSD and related disorders.
- Sanctuary is the first IOP program in NYC that can also treat clients with eating disorders, substance use disorders, self-harm, suicidal ideation, mood disorders, and personality simultaneously.
- Sanctuary is the first IOP program in NYC to have a specialized track for “Front Line” Medical Professionals and “Essential Workers” affected by COVID-19. Learn more about our IOP Program for “Front Line” medical professionals and “Essential Workers” here.
What We Treat
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Complex PTSD
- Dissociative Disorders
- Co-Occurring Eating Disorders, Mood, Self-Harm, and Substance Use Disorders
- PTSD Treatment specific to COVID-19 and 9/11
Our program utilizes the following evidence-based therapies:
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic Experiencing (SE)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Expressive therapies such as Art, Yoga, and Movement Therapy.
Insurance – Out of Network and Self-Pay at this time.
Sanctuary Treatment Services:
Patient Types Served:
Adults / Adolescents (for individual sessions only)
Male / Female
PTSD Treatment specific to COVID-19 and 9/11, Complex PTSD, EMDR, Somatic Experiencing, DBT, CPT, Individual Psychotherapy, Expressive therapies such as Art, Yoga, and Movement Therapy