McCallum Place St. Louis features a full spectrum of eating disorder treatment for adolescents and adults of all genders who are struggling with concerns such as bulimia, anorexia, binge-eating disorder, and emotional eating.
We offer 24-hour residential treatment, two levels of partial hospitalization day treatment, intensive outpatient programming, an outpatient clinic, and group therapies.
Our programs balance structure and independence, helping individuals build the confidence and skills necessary to resist the urge to restrict their eating, purge, or exercise compulsively.
During their time in treatment, each person begins to restore their energy and practice balance, flexibility, and trust through tailored opportunities with experienced staff.
- Residential treatment for adolescents, adults, and elite athletes
- Extended partial hospitalization (10-hours daily)
- Traditional partial hospitalization (6-hours daily)
- Separate programs for adults and adolescents
- Adult intensive outpatient program 3-6 days/week (3 hours)
- Adolescent intensive outpatient program 3-6 days/week (3 hours)
- Transitional Living Apartment for those in recovery step-down
At McCallum Place, we work closely with each of our patients to personalize their care to their specific needs. Our evidence-based programs allow our patients to get to the root of their struggles with an eating disorder and minimize their risk for future relapse. Our goal is to empower each patient to develop the capacity to act from a state of mindfulness.
Our individual psychotherapy sessions allow for in-depth exploration, while group work helps our patients integrate newly acquired skills. We also encourage our patients to practice weight maintenance and flexible eating prior to discharge.
When possible, we recommend a gradual, flexible step-down program to ease the transition back to independent living. By taking part in eating disorder treatment at McCallum Place, our patients learn to manage the fear and anxiety associated with food, eating, and changes to their bodies.
- Psychiatric evaluation and treatment
- 24-hour medical monitoring
- Nutritional evaluation, counseling, and individualized meal plan development (on-site kitchen with chefs)
- Individual, group, and family psychotherapies
- Nutritional outings to grocery stores and restaurants
- Meal support at each snack, lunch, and dinner
- Art therapy, restorative yoga, meditation, and pet therapy
- Family programming
- Fitness retraining
McCallum Place St. Louis offers regularly scheduled family programming, which provides family members with an opportunity to gain a greater understanding of the eating disorder their loved one is living with. This also gives family members a chance to be involved in the patient’s recovery as appropriate.
Parents of our adolescent patients participate in our weekly psychoeducation and process groups, which provide them with the knowledge and skills they need to help their child recover while also giving them the opportunity to connect with others who share a common struggle.
Parents also receive weekly family coaching sessions from their child’s individual therapist and dietitian.
Each patient benefits from a multidisciplinary treatment team that may consist of:
- Board certified psychiatrists
- Board certified family physician
- Psychiatric nurse practitioner
- Registered Nurse
- Multidisciplinary therapists
- Registered dietitians
- Experiential therapists for art, yoga, body movement and psychodrama
- Strength and training coach
- Case manager
- Direct care staff
Residential, Transitional Living, PHP, IOP, Aftercare, Outpatient
Patient Types Served:
Adults / Adolescents
Male & Female
CBT, DBT, Experiential, Expressive, Art, Pet assisted, etc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, Mercy, Anthem Blue
Medicare/Medicaid Accepted: No