The EDCare Denver team approach to recovery: Every individual patient needs expert advice and caring support.
Eating disorders are a serious mental health issue and finding the right treatment program is important. Founded in 2001, EDCare offers patients, their families, healthcare professionals and the community over 16 years of eating disorder experience. Our flagship center is located in the heart of Denver, Colorado where we are committed to empowering individuals suffering from eating disorders to make healthy, long-lasting changes.
EDCare Denver has become one of the nation’s foremost center for the diagnosis and treatment of eating disorders. Our multidisciplinary team of board-certified psychiatrists, physicians, clinicians, family and experiential therapists, and registered dietitians provide treatment to adults, ages 18 and older, of all genders and ethnicities.
We offer a safe environment where individuals can let down their walls and open themselves up to the tools and support they need overcome the serious complications of anorexia, bulimia, binge eating, and other related disorders. Upon admission, an interdisciplinary treatment team is assigned to each patient based on their individual needs. This means every treatment plan is unique and is designed to fit the individual.
We currently offer various programs in Colorado, Kansas, and Nebraska. All of our treatment centers have earned the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval.
EDCare Denver’s Unique Treatment Approach
CAMSA® our effective, mindfulness-based treatment model helps individuals understand and address the biological, psychological, social, and spiritual aspects contributing to their eating disorder. This treatment philosophy, unique to EDCare, helps patients develop the skills necessary to achieve and sustain long-term recovery from their eating disorder.
Connection – learning to reestablish the connection with ourselves and others
Acceptance – acknowledging and coming to terms with having an eating disorder so an individual can fully embrace recovery
Mindfulness – practice being aware and connected in the moment – living mindfully
Sense of Self – define and reconnected with their authentic self
Action – learn how to apply skills acquired in the program to maintain long-term recovery success
EDCare Denver Levels of Care
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) – offered at our Denver and Kansas City treatment centers. This highly structured, intensive program runs 10 hours a day, 7 days a week and is designed to treat the entire spectrum of eating disorders. A board-certified, highly skilled treatment team delivers individualized and patient-focused care.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) – offered at our Denver and Kansas City treatment centers. This program runs 6 hours a day, 7 days a week and is used as a step-down from PHP. Individuals receive the same individualized care while practicing recovery skills on their own.
- Evening Intensive Outpatient Program (EIOP) – offered at our Denver, Colorado Spring, Kansas City, and Lincoln treatment centers. Individuals are encouraged to continue their everyday responsibilities, such as work and school while applying the skills they learn in a Monday – Thursday, 4.5 hours per evening program.
- Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Program (AIOP) – offered at our Colorado Springs adolescent treatment center. This inclusive program of hope and healing offers teens, ages 14-17, and their families a supportive environment to pursue eating disorder recovery. The after-school program hours fit easily into teens’ lives so they can attend school while gaining critical recovery skills and support.
- Outpatient and Aftercare Services – comprehensive outpatient and aftercare services are available at our Denver and Colorado Springs treatment centers to help individuals maintain long-term recovery success.
Treatment is provided by our experienced, multidisciplinary team of board-certified physicians, psychiatrists, clinicians, family and experiential therapists, and registered dietitians.
EDCare offers free, confidential assessments.
Call 303-771-0861 to speak with one of our Admission Clinicians or visit us online at www.eatingdisorder.care/locations to fill out an online inquiry form.
EDCare Denver Specialty Tracks
We believed Individualized care matters, this is why EDCare Denver offers four specialty tracks for those in our PHP and IOP levels of care.
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED) Track
- ELITE Athlete Track
- Substance Use Disorder Track
- Trauma Track
Unique Housing Model
EDCare Denver is committed to providing support at every stage of the recovery process and strives to reduce any barriers preventing an individual from seeking treatment.
For patients in need of alternative housing while in our PHP level of care, EDCare Denver offers accommodations at our Connections House. This tranquil, off-site home is located approximately 3 miles from our treatment center and allows patients to practice recovery skills while still receiving the continued support from our Master’s level therapists and house staff throughout the evening and night.
EDCare Kansas City also offers peer-supported housing for patients less than one mile from our treatment facility.
In addition to these housing options, our Admission Clinicians can assist patients in locating alternate housing close to our treatment centers, if needed.
EDCare Denver Making A Difference
In partnership with the Developmental Brain Research Program at Children’s Hospital Colorado and the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, EDCare is actively involved in medical research programs specific to Eating Disorders.
Insurance and Payments
EDCare Denver believes in providing the most cost-effective treatment possible so you can afford to live a healthy life. We accept over 35 insurance contracts, including some state-funded programs. When necessary, our dedicated team negotiates special coverage agreements and single-case agreements with insurance providers. We also arrange individual payment plans when necessary. We are your advocates for good health and will work with your insurance company to obtain coverage.
Help is just a call/click away. If you or someone you know is suffering from an eating disorder contact EDCare today!
Proudly Serving You From Five Locations
4100 E. Mississippi Ave, Suite 1300
Denver, CO 80246
3460 Briargate Blvd
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
3468 Briargate Blvd
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
8500 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Suite L-1
Merriam, KS 66202
2917 Pine Lake Road, Suite A
Lincoln, NE 6851
EDCare is a Sponsor of Eating Disorder Hope – Helping to make our work possible!
EDCare Denver Treatment Level:
PHP, IOP, EIOP, Outpatient, Aftercare Services
Patient Types Served:
Male & Female
ACT, CBT, DBT, EDMR, Art Therapy, Experiential Therapy, Individual Therapy, Family/Marital Therapy, Group Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy, Nutrition/Cooking, Psychiatric Services, Pet Therapy, Movement Therapy, Psychodrama, Specialty Tracks: Binge Eating Disorder (BED) Track, ELITE Athlete Track, Substance Use Disorder Track, and Trauma Track