Guidelines of the Eating Disorder Hope Pro-Recovery Movement:
- Recognize that the internet can be a great source of support and encouragement.
- Respect for all faiths, nationalities, and perspectives is essential.
- Connecting with others who support your recovery is essential for success.
- Stay positive. Share your strength, resilience and determination. Slips and relapses can happen, but they are no excuse to quit. Don’t dwell on it, learn from it and move on!
- Supportive and uplifting blog and social media comments are a positive contribution to all of the online recovery community.
- Sensitivity to triggering images and discussions is important and error on the side of caution, when in doubt!
- Public online discussion of numbers, weight, calories, clothing sizes, etc. can be triggering – don’t do it.
- Recognize that benefits of healthy human interaction far exceed virtual interactions. Value your friends and family in real life!
- Working with a treatment team, establishing supportive relationships and attending support groups (online and in person), and visiting uplifting Pro Recovery sites, like Eating Disorder Hope, will only enhance your recovery.
- Being a Pro-Recovery movement member means that you will seek to build up and encourage eating disorder sufferers at all levels with kind words, compassion, acceptance and understanding. Be a light of inspiration in the darkness of the Pro-Ana online community.
*There are no costs or obligations required of our Pro-Recovery Movement members. It is simply a commitment to stand for positive eating disorder recovery online by respecting the Guidelines in your online interactions.
Participate in the EDH Pro-Recovery Pinterest Contest
Celebrate this movement with us by participating in the EDH Pro-Recovery Pinterest Contest. Enter for a chance to win the exclusive Prize Package, which includes a $100 gift card to Bath & Body works, along with a permanent listing of your board on the Eating Disorder Hope Pro-Recovery Movement Page and Eating Disorder Hope Pinterest Page!
Instructions for How to Enter:
- Go to pinterest.com/edhope and Follow Us.
- Create a new board titled: Eating Disorder Hope Pro-Recovery Movement PIN-IT Contest
- Pin your favorite images that support/uphold the Pro-Recovery Movement
- Include at least one Pin directly from the Eatingdisorderhope.com Website.
- Submit your entry by sending the link to your Pinterest Entry Board along with your name and address to [email protected].
- Winner will be selected and announced on 11/1/12!
***Contest Ends 11/1/12
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN EATING DISORDER HOPE’S PIN-IT CONTEST. Open to legal residents of the U.S. & D.C., 18 years of age or older and that have a valid Pinterest account at the time of entry. Begins 12:01 a.m. ET 8/31/12, ends 11:59 p.m. ET 9/13/12. Void in Puerto Rico & all other US territories & possessions & where prohibited. Subject to official rules. This contest is no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Pinterest. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to Eating Disorder Hope and not to Pinterest.
Last Reviewed By: Jacquelyn Ekern, MS, LPC on August 30, 2012
Page last updated: August 30, 2012
Published on EatingDisorderHope.com, Eating Disorder Information Help & Resources