Eating Recovery Center – ERC
Eating Recovery Center is an international center providing comprehensive treatment for anorexia, bulimia, EDNOS and binge eating disorder. Under the leadership of Drs. Kenneth Weiner, Craig Johnson, Emmett Bishop and Ovidio Bermudez, collaborative programs provide a full spectrum of services for children, adolescents and adults. Eating Recovery Center’s continuum of care includes Inpatient, Residential, Partial Hospitalization, Intensive Outpatient and Outpatient services. A compassionate team of professionals collaborates with treating professionals and loved ones to cultivate lasting behavioral change.
A licensed, Joint Commission-accredited behavioral hospital, Eating Recovery Center’s offers 24/7 nursing supervision, direct psychiatric care and medication management. Full-time psychiatrists personally oversee the treatment plans of every patient while internal medicine physicians, pediatricians and adolescent health specialists work collaboratively with nursing staff manage patients’ medical needs. Close proximity to two major hospitals allows a seamless transition to acute care if medical intervention is necessary.
Child, adolescent and adult patients with extreme medical instability may require additional stabilization prior to admission. In such circumstances, Eating Recovery Center partners with the A.C.U.T.E. (Acute Comprehensive Urgent Treatment for Eating Disorders) Center at Denver Health Medical Center. Patients stabilizing in the A.C.U.T.E. Center receive intensive medical support from Drs. Phil Mehler, Denver Health’s Chief Medical Officer and expert on the medical complications of eating disorders, and Jennifer Gaudiani, the Center’s Assistant Medical Director, as well as therapeutic support from Eating Recovery Center’s clinical leadership to facilitate a successful transition to Inpatient treatment.
Eating Recovery Center’s treatment philosophy emphasizes assessment, intervention and discharge planning to support sustainable eating disorders recovery. Individualized, developmentally appropriate treatment plans deliver cutting-edge medical, psychiatric, psychological and nutritional interventions. Psychological interventions include individual and group therapy grounded in the principles of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Family-Based Treatment (FBT).
Denver-based facilities include the Behavioral Hospital for Adults, the Behavioral Hospital for Children and Adolescents, the Partial Hospitalization Program and Outpatient Services for Adults and the Partial Hospitalization Program for Children and Adolescents. In an effort to increase patient access to care throughout the United States, Eating Recovery Center provides centers of excellence for the treatment of eating disorders across the country. Sacramento-based Eating Recovery Center of California offers Partial Hospitalization, Intensive Outpatient and Outpatient Services, as well as Outpatient Services in Fresno; The Moore Center offers Partial Hospitalization, Intensive Outpatient and Step-Down Services in Bellevue, Washington; and Insight Behavioral Health Centers offers comprehensive outpatient programming for eating disorders, as well as evidence-based treatment for obesity, mood and anxiety disorders at four Chicago area treatment centers.
Our collaborative team of treatment professionals is not only highly respected for their expertise in the field, but also passionate about each patient’s lasting recovery. This multidisciplinary team includes Certified Eating Disorder Specialists and iaedpTM approved supervisors.
Highlights and Features
- All Denver-based facilities awarded Joint Commission accreditation
- Collaboration with referring professionals
- Services range from acute Inpatient hospitalization to flexible Outpatient programs
- Structured schedule offers individual, family and group therapy, including art therapy, psychodrama and movement therapy
- Innovative technologies, including biofeedback and body movement sensors, further engage patients in their treatment plans
- Personalized meal plans designed and executed by Registered Dietitians
- Classes on meal creation, menu selection and cooking taught by skilled chefs
- Patients participate in their own weekly treatment meetings to learn about treatment progress and assist in goal-setting
- Aftercare coordinators work closely with patients and referring professionals throughout treatment process and create comprehensive post- discharge treatment plan
- Fully-equipped Learning Center staffed by a licensed teacher helps child and adolescent patients move forward with their studies and support a seamless transition back to school following treatment
- Family programming provides education, support and skills training to help loved ones learn how to effectively support lasting eating disorder recovery
Eating Recovery Center has published a number of informational flyers focused on topics related to eating disorders awareness and treatment. Please contact us to request a copy of one of our flyers or research papers:
- Eating Disorders and Insurance 101
- Eating Disorders in College
- Eating Disorders in Athletes
- Navigate Holiday Eating with Confidence
- Eating Recovery Center Fact Sheet
- Eating Recovery Center Behavioral Hospital for Children and Adolescents Informational Flyer
- Eating Recovery Center Partial Hospitalization Program Flyer
- Eating Recovery Center’s Report on Referral Practices
7351 E. Lowry Blvd., Suite 200
Denver, Colorado 80230
Toll free: 877-218-1344
Visit our website and chat live with a Master’s-level therapist: www.EatingRecoveryCenter.com
Page Last Updated & Reviewed By: Jacquelyn Ekern, MS, LPC on
March 4, 2014
Published on EatingDisorderHope.com, Online Eating Disorder Resources